Snow goose recipes?

Sport240

Anyone know where I can find good snow goose recipes. Picked up a dozen birds on my spring hunt which are all in my freezer right now. Would like to try something new and succulent.

Thanx

Sport240

Congrats on all the snow geese.

I would cook them 2 ways.
First way.
Remove all skin. Get the those roasting bags. Place your favorite herbs and lots of garlic and onions with a little bit of salt pork or bacon. Not much 2 very thin slices will do. This way it will not dry out to much and a whole lot less fat.
Second way
Try some of those Lawry's marinades. They have several different flavors to choose from.

;)

I breast them out and put a slice of salt pork or two across each breast and wrap in foil, put on a smoker for 8 - 10 hrs (slow slow). Open the foil the last hour or two (depending on how much smoke you like). I tried them on my daughter without telling her what they were (she said she hated duck and goose) and she thought it was some kind of beef.

We breast them out and take the pieces and make shisscobobes (sp.) Take the goose and put a jalepeno in the middle and wrap it in bacon. When it's almost finished cookin' throw a little BBQ sauce on it.... Can't be beat!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wisco94
Back