Caribou Gear

Snow day Jack Rabbits

TwistedSage

I never knew Ella would be such a snow dog, yesterday she stared out the window all day as it was coming down and wanted to go out as much as she could only if she lasted a couple minutes. This morning all she wanted to do was play outside. With today calm, sunny, and out of the single digits I decided to take a snow day and took her out to stretch her legs and blow off some steam from being couped up.

She had an absolute ball listened great and settled into a nice range. Kicked up 3 jacks and shot 2. The first Jack I shot was doing the rabbit kartwheel and Ella rushed in. It was her first cripple outside of quail and the rabbit tried thumping with the hind legs, she quickly repositioned to the back of his neck and started back towards me the jack was dead by the time she was back. Second one was a quick kill she didn't see, she did a great job with the search and retrieve. She could have stayed out but my exposed skin was getting beat up pretty good. Awesome quick hunt with the dog. Fun to target Jack's again after bird season.20210215_112923.jpg20210215_112931.jpg20210215_113124.jpg20210215_114034.jpg20210215_115433.jpg

Thank you! VJP April 17-18 though I wish we could take it today lol. At least we have rabbits for practice and to keep some hunting going but she was really just getting the quail, range, and holding point down. There's a draht guy and trainer south of ABQ I may try to book a day or two with before the test.

We only lost power for 1 1/2 hours. Stayed inside and read.

Did gain about 10 pounds. Usually walk 4 to 5 miles a day. Too cold to walk. Got fat.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back