Caribou Gear

Smoker food

Mac7

Some great stuff on the dinner thread. Thought I'd post up some smoked food.

Start off with some ham.

Attachments

• Smoker food 017.jpg
    Smoker food 017.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 242
  • Smoker food 019.jpg
    Smoker food 019.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 237
Pork ribs, wild or domestic whole hogs, beef brisket, tenderloin, and an occasional chicken or turkey. Fresh pico de gallo, refried beans, plenty of grilled vidalia onions, and flash seared burrito sized flour tortillas.

Sweet ice cold tea with lots of lemon

Sounds good. Just started smoking in Dec. haven't done a turkey or brisket yet but on my to smoke list.

Have a few more pics I'll post up later. Half the time I forget to take any as I just want to eat.

My smoker is used at least twice a week and usually more. Even winter time is prime time to put something in the smoker.

Brined chickens and turkeys are popular but to really bring the neighbors out of the woodwork a couple of briskets is hard to beat. Play around with different rubs until you find one you like. Brisket seems to pair well with lot's of fresh cracked pepper as it smokes.

Ribs are excellent

Pork butt for pulled pork is a must try.

I should get some pics up but forget to take many.

Nemont

Some smoked beef roast.

Attachments

• food n antler 005.jpg
    food n antler 005.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 247
  • food n antler 006.jpg
    food n antler 006.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 224
  • food n antler 008.jpg
    food n antler 008.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 233
Have done pork a few times. Don't think I have any pics of it after pulling but here are a before and after.

Attachments

• 1st smoker pics  1-2011 004.jpg
    1st smoker pics 1-2011 004.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 236
  • 1st smoker pics  1-2011 012.jpg
    1st smoker pics 1-2011 012.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 223
...forgot to add the pig sace. A mix of butter/vinegar/Karo Syrup/mustard/worchestershire.

Nice pics mac...looks good.

Is that a finishing sauce you add after its done.Or what holds the rub on?

Have done a few fatties but forget to take a pic of it cut to see the inside. Wish I took pics of the dino eggs I made a while back, a hardboiled egg wrapped in ground sasauge and bacon. I think this fattie was stuffed with ham , pepperoni and cheese.

Attachments

• Smoker food 022.jpg
    Smoker food 022.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 224
  • Smoker food 023.jpg
    Smoker food 023.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 233
That sounds good might have to go try and catch me some.Fish is on my list to do also. Got a recipe or any tips for fish?

Smoked beans with onions,jalapenos and pineapple.

Attachments

• Smokin and dogs 006.jpg
    Smokin and dogs 006.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 257

Condiment sauce served on the side after the meat is done. Butter rich with just the right mix of sweet and sour. A killer finish with pulled pig. .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac7

Condiment sauce served on the side after the meat is done. Butter rich with just the right mix of sweet and sour. A killer finish with pulled pig.

Thanks will have to try that next time.

If I was able to eat like you guys, I would really have some *hams* on me.

I love to cook but don't eat a whole lot anymore. Usually give some away to neighbors or vacuum pack and freeze.

Taking the smoker to hunting camp this year and when we camp out to fish the rivers this summer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back