Smart Watch - Garmin Fenix 6

High Desert

I am considering this smart watch for running and hiking/backpacking/hunting. Does anyone have any experience with it? I already have a GPS but the watch has many added features and, frankly, looks fun; however, for the price, I would also like it to be functional and useful. I recognize I could just use my current GPS for route finding and a phone app for running. But, by that logic, I would still be using a compass with hard copy topos for the backcountry and a Sony Walkman for running. In any event, real world experience with this watch or similar watches would be appreciated. Thanks.

I've got the Fenix 6X and love it. Originally bought it just as my primary running watch, but it's become my everyday watch.

It does the fitness stuff really well and use it for logging my runs and hikes. Love the HR monitor and altitude. I've used it a few times to navigate back to the truck while on a hike. Generally prefer marking waypoints and things on OnX though instead of on the watch.

Battery is good. If I'm running every day I'll get 7 - 10 days on a charge. If I'm not running and just using the standard watch features (no GPS) then I'll get 14+ from a charge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back