Smart TV

We watch with an Apple TV. We don't watch enough TV to warrant paying for cable and I get sick of commercials, anyway. I think cable is becoming obsolete.

We have a Vizio Smart TV. Generally, we enjoy it. We ditched cable in 2007 and aren't a huge TV family anyway, so it's nice to have our video library & Hulu, Youtube, Netflix, Amazon, etc ready without much trouble. I love that we can stream to our TV, which makes the search features a lot easier. We've got Chromecast on our big TV, and it's fine for what it is, but having to switch from device to laptop for streaming amazon is a PIA. Overall, that's a pretty first world problem, so I don't complain too much.

What's an app? Link?
I'm purposeful in my lack of new tech knowledge at times.:confused:

It's like a link. After you hit the smart tv button on the remote then a bunch of "apps" come up and you navigate to the one you want to go to. Netflix has one, Hulu, Pandora. It is separate from your browser.(like Internet Explorer, which is what you use to access this site)

Those of you that have ditched cable/satelite/etc. how are you viewing live sports? For us, yes my wife is a very avid sports watcher, live sports is the only thing keeping us from going without cable. Since I live in the 'burbs and ESPN now streams everything, I'm wondering if streaming it and a digital antennae for the basic channels wouldn't get us where we need to be?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back