Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Smart Kids....

Moosie

Grand poopa
So I'm gunna brag about my little Book writing reader "Little "O" again. Anyone thats been around here long enough knows his Reading level is pretty good (Dads Bragging again, If you don't like it quit reading ... ;) )

Anyways,he was the #1 reader in his 1st grade class, I think with 60 points by years end. Points are given for a test that they take after completing a book. little books are worth .5 points , Chapter books start at 1-2 points and the Bigger the book, the harder the test, the more the Questions and the more points they can take. So like Harry potter #3 is like 20 points. LAst year he was # 1 in the school for the 2nd grade with the highest points. He had like 200 some odd points and the next closest to him was like 100. He could probably stop reading at Christmas time this year and give he other kids 4 months to catch up and He'd be safe at this years 1st place in 3rd grade.... His goal this year (For the entire school year that is) is 150. Teacher set the kids goals in his class at like 80-100 and said his had to be 120. He told the teacher that was his last years goal (Even though the other kids were at 60) so she should bump it to 150, (Over achiever nerd, I know :p) Anyways, he wanted a Computer program and I said when he gets 1/2 his goal I'd buy the program. I figured around Christmas he'd be packing it in and It would roll into a Christmas Present.

Guess who is sitting at 75.4 points ?!?!? Chit, that little nerd is already up there and he takes a 25 Point test (Harry potter 4 book) on Monday. He is sitting 3rd in the School (Against all the other kids, 2 others in higher grades are above him) and well ahead of his 3rd grade class. By weeks end next week he's be tied with 1st place in not only his grade but the Entire School if all goes good. I'm just surprised that with how I spell and Hate reading he does so well. My 2nd oldest Zach on the Other hand can Kick Anyones Ass in his grade and most of the Grade above hims ASS. Fastest in his Soccer team and likes to do flips and Stuff. Reading for him is for Nerds :) Funny how they are both so different.

Anyways, I have to Order a Stupid Computer game tomorrow. I need to be more carefully what I promise him when it comes to Reading goals in the future ;)

wilecoyote76 said:
Sounds like a heck of a smart kid. Must get it from his mom!

I agree :D :p

It is great when your children exceed your goals and expectations for them Oscar. My boys have been doing that in many ways lately also. On the football field they have shown mental toughness and at school with completing homework assignments. Then there also is the fact they both have girl friends. :eek: :D

Mojave, 5th word 2nd line, your signature.....

Thanx Nut, Sounds like your kids were Kicking some A in sports !!! Kewl on the G-friend thing, Beats the Other gender ;)

Good for him and you, Moosie! Just be sure that he doesn't do like I did and spend TOO MUCH time sitting in the house reading...get his Little O butt up and running once in a while. I'm very proud of what I've learned from reading, but I still wish I'd gone out and butted more heads over a football or ran a few more trails through the woods when I was younger.

so let me guess, instead of moosie reading to his son at night, his son is reading to his dad at night?

Whiskers, Before you make jokes about how smart I'm not, Learn to do a "QUOTE" ;)

Dgib, He plays Soccer, does Karatee and we do pleantly of outside stuff. That was my first thought. I'd rather him be dumber in school and know more about life and Practical stuff. Over the last 3 years when he was Student of the week ... Uhhh the first week of school each year :) I would go have lunch with him. He has alot of friends and plays alot . Some kids only know him as the Kid that get's the $50 at the end of the year for reading but he doesn't have that "NERD" stigma I expected him to have.

If he does have any problems in the future, I'm sure his Younger brother will be there to Take care of him in fights and will be quick to throw down with anyone that talks Smack !!! :D Oscr will in return help him with his homework ... It's a win/win ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back