Small pack for heavy loads.

Charliewvhunter

This may have been covered earlier but did not find anything when I searched. Looking for a small pack around 3000 cu in. Want it to be able to carry up to 80lbs. Curious as to what folks are using and the pros and cons of their pack.

Both the exo and stone glacier packs have been on my radar. Curious about the mystery ranch cabinet pack, if anyone has used one. Unfortunately where I am you can’t check out any of those packs other than looking on the internet. Used a lot of Sitka stuff but none of their packs. We can check in game over the internet or by calling in so you can essentially completely process your game and pack it out but not to many folks do that here.

I believe you can try out a pack from either of those companies for 30 days and if you don't like it you can send it back for full return.

I ordered an Exo 3500 and a Stone Glacier Approach. The Approach suited my needs better so I sent the Exo back as mentioned above for a full refund. I mentioned the issues I had with the Exo to the Exo guys when I sent it back. They must have heard the same from others as the next generation of their frame had corrected the issue I had with their pack. Great response to customer comments. That said I love my SG Approach and true to the title of the thread, I have packed Alaska moose hind quarters in a 3.5lb. pack with no issues.

Awesome to hear it can haul that sort of load. Mostly hunting around the east coast and with the right pack can get a whitetail out of the woods no problem in one trip. This year I drew a mule deer tag for Colorado, and have an elk tag for the same unit. Need to get something that will work for those elk quarters but can still be used back here in Appalachia without being so big I don’t want to take it into the woods.

seek outside peregrine or goshawk. With the talon my goshawk is 5800 ci, shrinks down to nothing, and weights less than 4 pounds.

I don’t have the Cabinets, I have the MR Longbow (now the Pinter I think) and love it. Great day pack, hauled out a whitetail in one trip easy, and can be used for a few night trip. More than a weekend trip and you’ll want more space (add on lid, or different bag).

I just bought a alps hybrid x. I think I’m really going to love it. Great price too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back