PEAX Equipment

Sitka Gear

TheTone

Has anyone used or had a first hand look at this stuff? www.sitkagear.com I've been reading some about it and looking at their website a bit lately and some of their design philosphy makes a lot of sense. I'm considering picking a couple items up from them, but would like some first hand experience or am I going to have to be the guinea pig?

No one else? Okay, I think I may order the Mountain Shirt from them and give it a little test run and see how I like it.

Don't have any, but at least someone's making gear for hunting using the technology and philosophy that backpackers/climbers have had for quite some time. Which is why I look like I'm ready to go skiing when I'm hunting.

MyfirstSitkaBlacktail-Day42.jpg

MyFirstMuleDeer-ID-200508.jpg

1Pntr. You yuppy mid-westerner.

In the west you need nothing else than denim jeans, heavy cotton flannel, and a rain slicker. At least that's what I used to think. It's a miracle I didn't die.

I sing praises to wool, synthetics, and good boots.

You just have to show off your 1st muley, don't you? Great looking buck.

my buddy sent in a story to eastmans and won the sitka gear setup...he used it on his hunt this year and seemed to love it...the 9 piece setup is around $700-$800....I was with him when he shot his buck this year (30" 9x7) so he will more than likely have another story in eastmans this year...along with the story of his cousins buck (25-26" 4x7) So we will see what he gets this time lol
I would say maybe the pants and a jacket would be worth it...I tried the jacket on and it was a little small for me...but was comfortable
YB

I am just sweating for a dollar, working for the man. Trying to power through a Benadryl induced state of stupor.
I got my farm chores done early. Did a little laptop work for the man, ate mule deer sausage and eggs for brunch, and cracked a top on a Flying Tiger Blonde Ale. Heat index is 109, my recliner and beer fridge deserve some love too.

Back