MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

signed up for goHunt

MThuntr

Well bit the bullet on a GoHunt Insider membership after watching the Wyoming Drawings video Randy did...spent probably 3 hrs playing with scenarios, randoms, and dreams. This is a definite help to me because I'm terrible at sorting out draw odds, preference points, bonus points, etc.

Randy's video sweetens the deal with a promo code for a $50 gift card or Gerber knife :D I didn't see where you can elect a choice so I may have done something wrong.

You will get an email asking you which you want. We just got Gerber's request to be in the promo while meeting with them at SHOT lasts week. They will be shipping a bunch of Vital knives to goHUNT. goHUNT will then send it to you, along with their box of goodies.

Now that we know Gerber is in, pretty soon all of our promo codes and promo efforts will offer the Gerber Vital as the promo item.

Thanks for signing up. I probably spend two hours a day on INSIDER this time of year, as I am in full blown tag research mode until finishing my apps for Idaho later this spring.

I wish they'd put the point toggle in AZ. That enhancement to WY really made the membership worth it.

I talked to them about that yesterday. They are working hard to get it working, but with the change in AZ to a 5% NR cap in the bonus draw, it has changed the probabilities in a bigger way than I would have expected. They stated they will not put anything up unless it is completely accurate. Right now, the math dudes they have hired as contractors for it are trying to solve and project how it would affect 2016, based on the data of 2015. If not solved by the elk deadline, they are pretty confident it will be solved before the deer deadline.

I figured that was driving it, I was hoping to poke around with some late rifle options and find a hunt that is just a little bit of a stretch as I don't "really" plan on hunting, but could if I was forced. :) I'm curious mid tier point draws drop in points as some folks may jump to the top tier draws.

The drawing odds was a huge addition.

I signed up a few weeks ago and was enjoying playing around on it but really wasn't getting much information but when they added the draw odds I was very pleased. Definitely feel like I am getting my monies worth now.

It was eye opening to see how little my 12 points in Utah would help me get drawn.

Last edited:
Man that looks cool, I may also end up joining. This would be my first year out there hunting, we are doing OTC tags in colorado so the bonus/pref points feature wouldn't really matter to me. Other than that, are the maps and other information on the individual units beneficial?

Are the maps printable?

You will get an email asking you which you want. We just got Gerber's request to be in the promo while meeting with them at SHOT lasts week. They will be shipping a bunch of Vital knives to goHUNT. goHUNT will then send it to you, along with their box of goodies.

Now that we know Gerber is in, pretty soon all of our promo codes and promo efforts will offer the Gerber Vital as the promo item.

Thanks for signing up. I probably spend two hours a day on INSIDER this time of year, as I am in full blown tag research mode until finishing my apps for Idaho later this spring.

I'm always excited to get boxes of goodies

Man that looks cool, I may also end up joining. This would be my first year out there hunting, we are doing OTC tags in colorado so the bonus/pref points feature wouldn't really matter to me. Other than that, are the maps and other information on the individual units beneficial?

Are the maps printable?

Not sure if the maps are printable.

If you are thinking of the OTC option, you might want to apply for a Preference Point or a limited entry tag, since the cash outlay is only a few dollars difference. Even with 2-4 preference points, you can draw some of the LE tags that might not be a huge increase in age class of bulls, but will have far fewer hunters in the field, making for a much higher quality experience. A lot of my LE applications in states is not so much looking for big bucks or bulls, rather looking for hunts with lower hunting pressure that improves the quality of the experience I am looking for.

The draw odds they have for CO will make it very easy to see what units you can get for 2-4 points. And the rest of INSIDER will give you a lot of other useful information. Good luck.

I like the service alot and glad I joined.Spent a couple hours on it last night going over Az elk units.I never got a box of goodies though.I know the said they were sending a hat but never got one

I like the service alot and glad I joined.Spent a couple hours on it last night going over Az elk units.I never got a box of goodies though.I know the said they were sending a hat but never got one

Not sure when you joined but I joined just after New Years and I just got my hat this week.
Great service, really like it.

Mthunter I am researching Wyoming antelope. Is that what your using it for? I'm just not sure it's worth it to me since wy is prob the only other state I'd be hunting next year

Mthunter I am researching Wyoming antelope. Is that what your using it for? I'm just not sure it's worth it to me since wy is prob the only other state I'd be hunting next year

I joined earlier this year and if you're into research and 'e-scouting' it's fantastic. Since I moved west 20 years ago, I've mainly only hunted here in CO and up in WY, but now that I've started playing the application game all over the west, it's invaluable.

If you're focused on only one state it might not be as 'worth it', since it's not as hard to grab the reports from the WYGFD website and analyze things yourself, but it's well-presented and already compiled.

Probably the best $100 I've spent on hunting 'gear' in a long time ($149, but since you get $50 worth of goodies using the HT or other promo codes, it's effectively less). The new Filtering 2.0 is just head and shoulders above the others, especially now that Draw Odds are integrated.

I recently joined and I'm happy with my decision. It's definitely the most valuable resource I've found in figuring out how to hunt the west.

Is there a promo code I need for this? Or do I need to watch the Wyoming hunt to get it? I've been tossing the idea around for a few years, maybe it's time to pull the trigger..

Signed up a couple of days ago.
Kicked myself a hundred times since. Wished I done this before I put my Wyoming application in.
Learned a lot and definitely will be better informed and ready for next year if the Good Lord lets me have another one..

Not sure if I am doing something wrong, but when I enter the Hunt Talk promo code, when I go to check out the price is still 150.00. I thought this was 50 dollars off?

Back