Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

goHUNT EXPLORER Map Membership offer to Hunt Talkers

I just did mine and it worked seamlessly, but unless you have some notes associated with your waypoints, there is no way to know what it was for (unless you have a dam good memory). As Dave mentioned the icons will not translate. I will probably delete them all and just bring in the ones with the notes.

Any possibility of being able to select certain waypoints from OnX (say all buck rub icons) and have them all import into Explorer with an icon of your choosing instead of the default GoHunt icon?
Another great question! Unfortunately, icon styling cannot be hardcoded in a universal way so the user could simply export and import and keep everything the same. Essentially, we would have to share our icon set with OnX, Basemap, etc.. for that to work. But, being able to choose a default for the import would be nice.

Here is how I would work around that:
First, I would turn off all existing waypoints with our Web Map so they are not visible on the map. Next, I would import my waypoints from the other platform(s) after sorting them by the type I wanted(buck rubs, wallow, etc..). Once imported, I would use the selection tool to select all of the newly imported waypoints, without affecting my now invisible waypoints from previous imports, and then bulk edit them based on whatever color and icon you'd like. This would require some pre-organization from wherever you are downloading from but is doable with relative ease once you get your process down.

This will walk you through the bulk edit process:

Another great question! Unfortunately, icon styling cannot be hardcoded in a universal way so the user could simply export and import and keep everything the same. Essentially, we would have to share our icon set with OnX, Basemap, etc.. for that to work. But, being able to choose a default for the import would be nice.

Here is how I would work around that:
First, I would turn off all existing waypoints with our Web Map so they are not visible on the map. Next, I would import my waypoints from the other platform(s) after sorting them by the type I wanted(buck rubs, wallow, etc..). Once imported, I would use the selection tool to select all of the newly imported waypoints, without affecting my now invisible waypoints from previous imports, and then bulk edit them based on whatever color and icon you'd like. This would require some pre-organization from wherever you are downloading from but is doable with relative ease once you get your process down.

This will walk you through the bulk edit process:
Thanks, that is exactly what I was going to try next. Thanks for the link!

Has anyone had issues with the offline mode? For me I would never leave my truck with just my gohunt map. I set out with only that during Pa turkey season to hang some trail cameras and set some pins to come back to. Luckly I had onx downloaded for that area also never planed on using it but I had to. Every time i try my gohunt maps they crash at some point and if I don't have service I cant get back into it. Same thing happened to me this year. Would love to drop onx but for me there is no way i can have that happen out west. I would rather go into the draws blind than try to get out of the mountains blind.

Has anyone had issues with the offline mode? For me I would never leave my truck with just my gohunt map. I set out with only that during Pa turkey season to hang some trail cameras and set some pins to come back to. Luckly I had onx downloaded for that area also never planed on using it but I had to. Every time i try my gohunt maps they crash at some point and if I don't have service I cant get back into it. Same thing happened to me this year. Would love to drop onx but for me there is no way i can have that happen out west. I would rather go into the draws blind than try to get out of the mountains blind.
BigCat,

Are you on iOS or Android, and when about did this issue occur? We did have an issue on a recent iOS build where the app would log out when in little or no service. Additionally, we had an issue in a previous build on Android that would cause the app the crash on startup for some users.

Both of these issues have since been resolved in new builds. If you are still experiencing this issue(s) I would recommend deleting the app and reinstalling. This will trigger an update if you are still on an older build.

Thank you!

BigCat,

Are you on iOS or Android, and when about did this issue occur? We did have an issue on a recent iOS build where the app would log out when in little or no service. Additionally, we had an issue in a previous build on Android that would cause the app the crash on startup for some users.

Both of these issues have since been resolved in new builds. If you are still experiencing this issue(s) I would recommend deleting the app and reinstalling. This will trigger an update if you are still on an older build.

Thank you!
ios Last year was the first time and beginning of may this year. I will try deleting it. Thanks for the reply

ios Last year was the first time and beginning of may this year. I will try deleting it. Thanks for the reply
Thank you for that info, it definitely would appear that you are/were on an older build. We just released build 638 for iOS which is the most current. I was experiencing the same issues on my iPhone with the previous builds but the new one has been far more stable! Please keep me posted, thank you!

Is there a way to keep the cursor on the center of the map while you’re moving/driving? I was using the map in Badland Natl Park a few weeks ago and I lost myself on the map because the cursor moved off. Had to press the button to recenter myself.

Also, is there a breadcrumbs option on the app?

Is there a way to keep the cursor on the center of the map while you’re moving/driving? I was using the map in Badland Natl Park a few weeks ago and I lost myself on the map because the cursor moved off. Had to press the button to recenter myself.

Also, is there a breadcrumbs option on the app?
Hey perma,

Thank you for reaching out! In the bottom right hand corner of the screen there is an arrow icon(looks like a paper airplane) - Tapping that will snap the map back to your current location as well as toggle on the active view feature(essentially, the map turns with you as you spin around). Tapping the arrow button again will keep the map snapped to your location but turn off the active view and go back to a static map.

As an example: Let's say while driving you had scrolled around on the map to explore some country but were now ready to drive again. If you left the app as-is and start driving it will maintain position over wherever you had just left the map centered. Toggling the arrow in the above paragraph would then recenter the map to you and the map would begin following you again.

By breadcrumbs I assume you are meaning a track? If so, yes definitely! While in the app tap the + button on the right hand side of the screen. Select record track and then hit start.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or feedback, thank you!

I live in New Zealand and am an Insider member. Being in New Zealand I can’t download the maps app to my phone. But I am planning to be in Montana this September. Will I be able to download the maps app when I arrive in Montana?

I live in New Zealand and am an Insider member. Being in New Zealand I can’t download the maps app to my phone. But I am planning to be in Montana this September. Will I be able to download the maps app when I arrive in Montana?
Kiwi,

Most definitely! I would suggest being on WIFI for that if possible, though. Thank you!

@Dave@gohunt curious if there have been any new releases or upgrades to Explorer since early summer/spring? Also is there any option for a trial period for Explorer to really dig into the features before making the full switch? Thanks.

@Dave@gohunt curious if there have been any new releases or upgrades to Explorer since early summer/spring? Also is there any option for a trial period for Explorer to really dig into the features before making the full switch? Thanks.
Hey Wild Bill,

We have had almost weekly updates to the app all summer. This has included bug fixes, data improvements, styling changes, public access updates, and more.

You can find a 7-day trial to Insider(Explorer maps access included) here: https://join.gohunt.com/try/insider-trial/

Thank you!

Anyone else having the following issue on the iPad: when you enter 3D all waypoints disappear? I’ve tried turning the hunt on and off - still happens

Kiwi,

Most definitely! I would suggest being on WIFI for that if possible, though. Thank you
I just arrived to LA and am unable to load the gohunt app on my iPhone. I get the same message as I did in New Zealand “This app is currently not available in your country or region”

Is there a way to allow me to load the app?

Its my New Zealand phone so I guess Gohunt still recognises as it still being in New Zealand.

Hey perma,

Thank you for reaching out! In the bottom right hand corner of the screen there is an arrow icon(looks like a paper airplane) - Tapping that will snap the map back to your current location as well as toggle on the active view feature(essentially, the map turns with you as you spin around). Tapping the arrow button again will keep the map snapped to your location but turn off the active view and go back to a static map.

As an example: Let's say while driving you had scrolled around on the map to explore some country but were now ready to drive again. If you left the app as-is and start driving it will maintain position over wherever you had just left the map centered. Toggling the arrow in the above paragraph would then recenter the map to you and the map would begin following you again.

By breadcrumbs I assume you are meaning a track? If so, yes definitely! While in the app tap the + button on the right hand side of the screen. Select record track and then hit start.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or feedback, thank you!
Thanks for your feedback. I had a chance to try both aforementioned items and both worked as described. However, I really would like the map to follow me when I walk rather than having to keep hitting the arrow button (similar to using Apple Maps). I can see the value to leave the map static but for times where I can walk a line of public next to private without a fence I would certainly find this useful. If this is a feature that I’m misunderstanding, please let me know. Otherwise, it’s general feedback. Thanks again for a solid product.

Onx does not like it when you transfer waypoints into their system; you can not edit them.

GoHunt on the other hand allows you to edit these waypoints and update them; bulk editing?!- very nice! - I had over 500 waypoints in one unit so this was handy.

Thank you for adding green as a color.
Love the terrain analysis tool.
I like Brady's deep thoughts videos.

Please add more waypoints (there sure are a lot of turkey points)
I miss Onx's dotted line feature
I like Onx's automatic terrain line tool that is automatically created when you draw a line.
I like Onx's live wind indicator tool.

Is there a way to organize the folders or 'Hunts' with a 'sort' tool?

@Dave@gohunt
Something I would request to add is more of the public access in Wisconsin. There are currently easements for fishing, etc. which OnX shows. Additionally, voluntary public access is something it would be good to add.

I used both OnX and GoHunt maps this year for Colorado Elk. I've used OnX for years, so there was a little user learning curve switching between the two, but once I got it down, I really liked the features of GoHunt Maps. And since I'm an Insider, paying for two map services is unnecessary. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to the tweaks.

Maybe this has already been asked but I didn't see it so here it goes. I am debating switching from OnX but am not up for the task of sales pitching all my hunting buddies to switch or put myself out of the loop as far as sharing waypoints, tracks and other items. Can this be done in both directions without jumping through a bunch of hoops?

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back