Yeti GOBOX Collection

Shoulder MT elk season

TN VOL

Does anyone have any good leads where a couple guys could get a couple cow elk during the shoulder season in region 3 or region 4?? I know that there are only certain units open within each region. I called the biologist for both regions and am waiting on a call back. I’ve never hunted this late Mt and the units I hunt during the general season don’t have a shoulder season. Thanks for any advice..feel free to Pm
Happy New Year!

There was another thread on this in the last few weeks. Seems it's not a popular season. My wife will be giving it a try in a few weeks with her dad. I'm sure it not any help.

I tried this this hunt a few years ago and had terrible luck getting permission from landowners. Most everyone we called did not support the shoulder season. It is very weather dependent and I strongly advise making landowner contact before heading out. Most everyone was nice. They just did not let us on. But good luck and would love to hear how it went. If you went?

What the republican governor and legislature have done to elk hunting in Montana is akin to what Joe Biden has done to the southern border. Its extremely difficult to harvest a cow elk with a rifle on public land in Montana. I've hunted elk all my life in Montana and while its possible to get a nice bull with a bow, trying the get a public land cow elk with a rife is nearly impossible. Its even difficult to get a cow with a rifle while paying a landowner. I'm looking at Wyoming but that seems pricey

What the republican governor and legislature have done to elk hunting in Montana is akin to what Joe Biden has done to the southern border. Its extremely difficult to harvest a cow elk with a rifle on public land in Montana. I've hunted elk all my life in Montana and while its possible to get a nice bull with a bow, trying the get a public land cow elk with a rife is nearly impossible. Its even difficult to get a cow with a rifle while paying a landowner. I'm looking at Wyoming but that seems pricey
Welcome to HT

The drawing process ridiculous.. Cost...

In all fairness we had a democratic governor during the biggest decline that I got to see. Funny how many have short memories. Welcome to hunt talk.

In all fairness we had a democratic governor during the biggest decline that I got to see. Funny how many have short memories. Welcome to hunt talk.
Thanks! I'm just waiting after 10 replies to ask the group some questions. FINALLY 5th years applying got our 410-20 tag.. 2000k later. Can't wait!

Thanks! I'm just waiting after 10 replies to ask the group some questions. FINALLY 5th years applying got our 410-20 tag.. 2000k later. Can't wait!
Finally!! Ooof good luck, not a tag I would want. The damn gobernor ruined it.

Just number the posts 1,2,3,4,...and get it over with. No one is checking content.

Your question has been asked before, like annually, and typically by people we never hear from again. 410-20 is still a really good tag, it just won't be as easy as it used to be.

Is there any tag you would want? Asking for a friend, of course. 😁
I’ve had a few great tags none of which need to be discussed on a public forum. As for 410 the last couple guys I knew that drew it shot bulls you would be happy with on general season hunts not bulls you would expect for Montana’s prime jewel of elk hunting.

Just number the posts 1,2,3,4,...and get it over with. No one is checking content.

Your question has been asked before, like annually, and typically by people we never hear from again. 410-20 is still a really good tag, it just won't be as easy as it used to be.
Yeah but what about them waypoints tho?

Back