Shotgun of choice?

I've got a benelli nova, picked it up last year. It's pretty light I like it, the price was good to. I would suggest that or good ol 870.

i like my nova too and you can't go wrong with the 870 or the Mossberg 500's. I also like the Rem 1100 and the 1300 too. I've had that 1300 since I was a kid. . .its killed alot of stuff for sure!!

Gee, doesn't everyone use a Wingmaster. Paid $75 for mine back around 1962 and I've never needed anything else. However, I have my grandpa's Winchester Model 37, .410 that I intend to use for grouse this year.

Several types are exercised each year, but none are appreciated as much as the red label 12 ga. Absolutely love that gun.

Anyone use a .410? I've got an older wingmaster that I hope to bag some birds with this fall....a challenge to say the least.
Jealous!!! Though it wouldn't be used for birds, a .410 pump or semi-auto would be super slick to use for rabbits and squirrels. About as rare as hen's teeth in these parts.

I have an old single shot I inherited from my grandpa that I take out at least once a year. My dad had it refinished when I was younger, before it became mine. It's the first shotgun I ever shot. Also the first time I broke my nose... :eek:

It really depends on what you are hunting? I'm a browning guy, but do shoot other brands and guages, depending on what i hunt. Browning BPS 3 1/2" 12 guage Pump for turkeys and for geese, Browning BPS Pump 20 guage for doves, pheasants, early duck season, Winchester SuperX2 auto for everything. 20 guage over/under for doves and pheasants. Depends if you are abusive to your shotgun or prize it like a child and your budget.

I started out with a Savage O/U .22/410 from my grandfather. 1st to fall was a rabbit in VA at the age of 12. Jump forward, to the ripe old age of 14,and a move to Ohio, after 6 months on a paper route, a used Mossberg 500 20 ga graced my life.

Don't still have that same shotgun, but now have two. Both Mossberg 500's, a 12ga & a 20 ga.

100's of Rabbits, Quail, Dove, Pheasants, Ducks, Squirrels, a Turkey, & 5 Deer have all seen their way to my family table, mostly to the 20 ga. (including all 5 deer, one shot each)

That's almost 45 yrs of not one field malfunction. Hard to argue with that kind of performance.

Elitist... ;) That is a beautiful gun!

I use either a camo, ugly as all get out Mossberg 500 12ga or a Rem 870 Express in 20ga. One day I hope to be fancy like miller. I really want a classy, light SXS to hunt with someday.

I tell you what, look at the Dickinson SxS's that Cabelas has. If I could shoot a SxS worth a shit, I would own one....maybe two or three. They are made by the same company that made the S&W elite guns (Akus). Very high quality.

Those do like sweet! Maybe someday. Right now, where I live, I do very little bird hunting so it's hard for me to spend that amount of $$ for a pretty shotgun. Someday though. Thanks for the lead on those. I like the looks and weight.

Well whatever fits you best is the right gun. All good guns listed here but I bought a Stoeger Uplander combo which is a sxs, It came with interchangeable 12 or 20 gauge barrels. I love that gun. Had a Browning BPS which I couldnt hit the broadside of a barn from inside it. Good gun but my hit to loss ratio went way up when I shot my old 36 Stevens so I figured that since I grew up on a sxs thats what I should shoot. The Stoeger also has interchangable chokes which makes it handy for all shoots. I use it for skeet, trap, waterfowl, upland, and turkey. Seems to work well for all but turkey as I haven't got a shot at one yet. I use the 20 gauge barrel in the early season and 12 later on. Good gun and the price is right.

I love my super black eagle and have used it reliably for 15 years. I also have a supernova for company and if I'm feeling saucy, but I don't think I'll ever part with the SBE. It's become an extension of me.

I started pheasant hunting with a Benelli Nova. I moved to a CZ 712 but didn't really care for it. Traded it in and paid the extra for a Browning Maxxus. I love this gun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tzog
Back