Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Shot Broadheads Today

Duck-Slayer

Just wanted too say I Love DRT broadheads, I thought the other brand I was using were good but the DRT's are great, I live out here in Idaho and some of the shots can be out there, so I regularly shoot out too 80 yards, I shot broadheads today too see if they shot where my field points did, well they exceeded my expectations, the first shots I did were 30-40-50 right out of the package 1 shot at each distance, I thought this is awesome they shoot just like my field points, so I decided too do 2 shot groups out at 70 and 80 yards, the first photo is of the 70 yard group, lets just say I didn't shoot again after those 2 shots, cut the fletching right off.... so I went out too 80 which I shot 2, 2 shot groups, and again they were awesome, there was a slight breeze and I had shot about 25 w field points prior so I was getting a little fatigue so they weren't bulls eyes but the groups were superb....
Matt

70 yards
IMG_1679_zpslev1wmir.jpg

(1) 80 yards
IMG_1680_zpstqkvamfg.jpg

(2) 80 yards
IMG_1681_zpsxd0kd9fe.jpg

Nice shooting. I don't ever shoot more than one broadhead at a spot anymore, I scored a couple of shafts and ruined them. I see you have FMJs so maybe that isn't a concern.

Nice shooting. I don't ever shoot more than one broadhead at a spot anymore, I scored a couple of shafts and ruined them. I see you have FMJs so maybe that isn't a concern.

That's why I only shoot 2 at a time, less damage sometimes..... :D after 60 yards I usually shoot the same spot, from 60 and closer I shoot a 5 spot target that is next too this target
Matt

Looking good!
Excellent performance out of a fixed blade!
Post trophy pics letting us see the proof in performance!

Nice shooting that's impressive! I have similar results with my FMJ's topped with Trocars. Nothing like pin point accuracy at long range with broad heads! Is it August yet?!?

I posted a thread the other day about the DRTs. They fly like freaking darts out of my bow. I only have 3 pins (20, 30, 40) and am confident as heck. I've shot the living crap out of them for practice and killed a lot of cardboard box-stuffed targets with a sheet of plywood backer as a backstop. The blades hold up incredibly well (I did buy a brand new 3-pack to hunt with) and the ferrule is really tough, despite being aluminum. It took a LOT to finally kill one. I still have two from my original package I use for practice. Mine are the lime green ones, so I call them the Green Leaves of Death.

Emrah

Nice shooting that's impressive! I have similar results with my FMJ's topped with Trocars. Nothing like pin point accuracy at long range with broad heads! Is it August yet?!?

I'm also shooting fmj with trocars and am getting excellent results as well.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back