MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Shooting to the right

RyeGuy74

Hey,

I am relatively new to archery but it seems like I have developed a problem of shooting to the right. We have double and triple checked the sight and our outdoor conditions lately have been almost perfect. So we are confident that the problem is something I am doing. Does anyone have idea on what could the situation be. When I am shooting, it seems like I get good streaks of amazing shots and then I get a streak of shots that are much farther right. They are usually straight over, not much up-or-down movement in the arrow. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

With broadheads or field points? Are you punching the trigger on your release?

I am using fixed broadheads, I could be. I will keep on eye on that to make sure its a smooth release. Thank you
With broadheads or field points? Are you punching the trigger on your release?

Depends on your release style.

Low right misses with a tension release are different than the same with an index trigger.

have you broadhead tuned? Do your field points hit where you’re aiming? A small rest adjustment may get your fp and bh to hit together.

How are you gripping your bow? You probably know this but your bow is not a baseball bat.

Scenario 1: I see a lot of people hit right because they aren’t comfortable floating the pin and slap the release which usually pushes arrows to the right because it bumps the string left.

Scenario 2: If broadheads hit right and the field points hit spot on then you just need to micro tune (1/16th inch) your rest to the left.

Hey,

I am relatively new to archery but it seems like I have developed a problem of shooting to the right. We have double and triple checked the sight and our outdoor conditions lately have been almost perfect. So we are confident that the problem is something I am doing. Does anyone have idea on what could the situation be. When I am shooting, it seems like I get good streaks of amazing shots and then I get a streak of shots that are much farther right. They are usually straight over, not much up-or-down movement in the arrow. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
All of the above suggestions are good ones.

Is your bow paper tuned with field points? If not, this will help tell a tale of your nock point and rest alignment.

Try this exercise so that you "know" what a good shot feels like. Of note, be sure you have a wrist sling on your bow for this exercise. Set up within five yards or so of your target. Go through your checklist of coming to full draw, level, etc. then close your eyes to focus on your muscle movements (back tension) and have a buddy gently trigger the release once settled. You will be surprised which is essentially what you're looking to accomplish with each shot. Doing so will prevent gripping the riser and distorting the arrow launch resulting tighter groups.

Last edited:
Your draw length is too long. Drop it by and inch and those right misses will clear up

Relax your grip, open hand it into the web of you thumb and palm, Don't Grip it ! See if that works.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back