Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Shooting Sticks or Bi-pod?

I wouldn't care for either. I've got a set of homemade sticks that are great for sitting the rifle on while I relieve myself but IMO not much else. Never used a bi-pod. Just can't imagine hanging that thing on my stock like that. Has to change the way the rifle handles! Who know's maybe it's mostly I'm old and have old ways, I shoot from field position's I learned in the service. Always some position I can get into I find steadier than stick's and likely a bi-pod! Thing I notice with sticks is I'm not as steady as a good field position. Suspect the same might be true with the bi-pod.

I've used both. To me, an attached bipod just feels a lot more stable. It makes your rifle a little heavier, but at least you don't have to carry around something extra. Like others have said, I really prefer laying prone with my rifle over my backpack, but I'm not always in terrain where that came be done.

I use a bog-pod for antelope or situations where I'm setup waiting for them to come to me, ground blinds or sitting points, funnels, etc. Otherwise if I'm moving, I use the bungee corded shooting sticks since action might unfold more quickly. In rougher terrain, I leave the bog-pod and just carry shooting sticks.

Bipod firmly attached to gun works wonders in open country. Regular bipod not too bad either but if you can get a lean on a post the regular bipod super stable as well. Monopods are very poor for shooting and are decent when you can get a lean on a solid object. Where mono shines is as walking stick but for me a support for my bino's when glassing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winchester 73
Back