Shipping guns

been huntn

Last Tuesday I shipped my fathers shotgun USPS, What a shock to pay $75 in insurance, but it turned out to be very wise.
Briley MFG in Texas called last night and said the Forearm was cracked in half. :mad:
Question being, has anyone attempted a claim from USPS and is it going to be a crap shoot on getting gun fixed to pre shipping condition?

I hope you took pictures before you shipped it -- I would bet you're in for some very interesting phone conversations with USPS not to mention the time it is going to take.

Good luck - my last experience with them turned out where I don't put a cuss word in front of USPS when I talk about them but the worse thing was the amount of time it took to get things settled up.

Last edited:
Only claim against them I ever made was for a broken turine lid of a very expensive English china pattern which was bought on E-bay, packed and shipped by a lady who does this for a living, and they flatly refused to pay because we had opened the box and they "weren't able to verify that it had been packed properly". The box looked as if it had been sat on.

Not in the same ball park but I sent a money order to a guy for a pack he sent me a picture of a plastic baggie with a piece of envelope and a tore to hell money order. They wouldn't do a thing about it and I had to lose 10 bucks from the m/o company to reissue it. but the baggie did have a note saying they were sorry .... Good luck

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back