Sheep attacked by wolves on north central Wisconsin farm

Areas I hunt, one can take ten wolf a day, but not that easy. Slippery buggers

they're getting worse. the last 2 years in Door county we have got them, and bobcats. not a huge notice in deer decline and they have yet to catch someones dog but it will happen. 106414

Attachments

• 20180621_204052_resized.jpg
    20180621_204052_resized.jpg
    980 KB · Views: 2
South, lake side. I imagine they could swin the canal in about 30 seconds if they wanted to.

South, lake side. I imagine they could swin the canal in about 30 seconds if they wanted to.
Thanks, good to know. I’ve got a buddy that just bought 35 acres north of Algoma and family with land near Little Sturgeon. They haven’t seen any yet - hopefully it stays that way.

Thanks, good to know. I’ve got a buddy that just bought 35 acres north of Algoma and family with land near Little Sturgeon. They haven’t seen any yet - hopefully it stays that way.

Algoma is a good time! Check out the bait shop/hardware store haha! Love that place.
Also some hidden public land to hunt that has more deer than our managed food plotted land.

I could personally give a flying F if wolves kill a bunch of domestic magots. I guarantee you sheep have caused more harm to wildlife than any wolf ever has.

What the #*^@#*? These are animals on these people farm. They have gone to great lengths to protect them and have zero recourse due "endangered species" status. Shame on you and shame on all those who liked that post.

Trust me, they will be compensated for them. Probably more than their fair value
What the #*^@#*? These are animals on these people farm. They have gone to great lengths to protect them and have zero recourse due "endangered species" status. Shame on you and shame on all those who liked that post.
I guess I just get hung up on the fact that domestic sheep single handedly wiped out 40 million wild sheep, and will probably make sure the species goes extinct sometime in the foreseeable future. Not to mention the fact they have done enough damage to some Western rangelands that our great grandkids won't see them fully recovered.
You should sleep well knowing they will likely be compensated at our expense, probably well more than their sheep are really worth.

Trust me, they will be compensated for them. Probably more than their fair value

I guess I just get hung up on the fact that domestic sheep single handedly wiped out 40 million wild sheep, and will probably make sure the species goes extinct sometime in the foreseeable future. Not to mention the fact they have done enough damage to some Western rangelands that our great grandkids won't see them fully recovered.
You should sleep well knowing they will likely be compensated at our expense, probably well more than their sheep are really worth.
There were once 40 million wild sheep. Holy cow.

Now you are just making stuff up to compensate for that ignorant comment. In all of North America there were an estimated 2 million wild sheep. Not a single one of them was in Wisconsin.

The relationship between men, sheep, dogs, and wolves goes back thousands of years before white men ever stepped foot on North America. Never in human history have large predators been able to terrorize people and livestock because of foolish feelings and anthropomorphic rationalizations. Who cares if they are compensated? How do you compensate people for animals they bring into the world with their own two hands. What is fair market value on private property? I suppose you would be fine with a couple hundred bucks for your dog after it was attacked and killed by wolves in front of your house.

There are some thoughtful and educated people on this site, but your comment and the likes it received shows the opposite to be true as well.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back