Caribou Gear

Shed Wars

Topgun 30-06

Has anyone watched this show on the Sportsman Channel? It shows several people in different western states out all over the countryside in late winter collecting mule deer and elk sheds and talking about how much money they make. One guy is an artist and does all kinds of stuff with sheds and actually picks up a dead head big bull and takes it out of the Montana back country. Is that legal in Montana? It shows them driving quads all over the countryside up and down and across slopes and I have to assume a lot of it is on either BLM or NF lands. One couple even flies a plane looking for them. It sure looks like at least part of what they are doing isn't legal and one of the sponsors of this show is actually the MDF!

Last edited:
I never missed an episode. There is a lot of money involved if you know who to sell the antlers to and the right market. Some not all was on private land and some actually lease the land specifically for shed antlers. I do agree some of the atv use was wrong unless on private land. Depending on the time of year usually after May 15th on a winter game range Then the sheds can legally be picked up. If not designated a game range sheds and deadheads can be picked up before May 15th. Fish Fisher out of Bozman MT. does antler art.

Even if it's on private land why would the landowner allow the land to be torn up by atv's?

Any hunting/outdoor show with the word war in the title is doomed from the start. Stupid concept. mtmuley

No way they are getting those prices that they are showing.

How about the cat coming at the guy too? (staged)

Staged show, going to make people think they can become millionaires finding sheds.

I've sold some good antlers to fish fisher. Really fun guy to visit with. Never saw the program. Sounds like a comedy.

Prices are hilariously high, Staged drama, probably planted antlers.
It's crap.
Don't support this crap!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back