Share your efforts getting new people into hunting!

I've had a lot more success bringing former hunters back into the sport, than starting new hunters. I've made my niece, now a teenager into a voracious hunter from birth. I've made a few adults who were "on-the-fence" hunters into full time addicts. The rest come and go or just lost interest altogether.

Give away game meat and entertain people’s questions about the hunt when they are curious to learn more. Have had a few progress to joining me in the field but most didn’t catch the bug and continue.

Knocking on doors for permission and one lady said her son was interested in deer as food and wanted to become a bow hunter. I gave her my card and said I’d help him get set up and learn to shoot. I never heard anything back, but I’ll reach out again since it’s been about a year.

My daughter is a gimme

Always on the lookout for the someone at church, work, etc. whose kid wants to get involved but needs a mentor, etc.

I have also changed a lot of people's ideas or perceptions of hunting as well by just talking to them about everything that goes into a hunt and hows it not entirely about just harvesting an animal. They always seem to like the idea of it more which I see as a success even though the person doesn't become a hunter.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back