Sh*t our wives do...

I got your back. I do all the laundry. She used to complain until she realized that would mean she would have to start doing the laundry again. Only complained that once. And if taking laundry off her plate keeps her happy and less stressed that’s all good with me!
Yep same here. I do get a comment every now and then if she happens to catch some
of her clothes in with the kids stuff. All it would take is for me to ruin a sweater or two, but we’ve got a good thing going. 👍

I got your back. I do all the laundry. She used to complain until she realized that would mean she would have to start doing the laundry again. Only complained that once. And if taking laundry off her plate keeps her happy and less stressed that’s all good with me!
Early in our relationship I did the red sock in a load of whites thing. Fixed that. But I do a large majority of the cooking and grocery shopping. The nights when I don’t cook, it’s stuff like soy bacon. That’s why I cook.

Got in my wife’s car this afternoon. It says 57 mte. I tell her I’ll fill her tank when she goes into Casey’s to get the pizza. In all seriousness she says, I can make it to work tomorrow. Its 54 miles 1 way to her office.

I once asked my wife what size she thought a nut was the washer as we were fixing it. Her straight face response “it’s about 2/3”. I asked her to show me where the 2/3” mark was on a tape measure. She’s a good sport and I still tease her about that one.

I got that one once (kinda) when I asked my wife how long a board was (granted this was YEARS AGO) and she said “2/3rds”…I was like WTF, you mean 2/3rds of a foot? Like 8 inches?”
She said no, its bigger than that, I was talking about your feet! 🤔😳

Who does that? And she’s smart as hell.

We had a pretty big fight when my wife was pregnant about folding towels. I’m a trifolder now.

The real question is are you under or over with the tp roll?

We had a pretty big fight when my wife was pregnant about folding towels. I’m a trifolder now.

The real question is are you under or over with the tp roll?
I’m over, my wife says she is an over but I constantly have to flip the roll. So either she doesn’t pay enough attention when putting a new roll or my 5 year old does it… Better teach the 5 year old now!

It’s delicious, but I can’t eat it. If I do I regret my decisions about 20 minutes later. Not a food desert, but a good restaurant desert for sure!
Maybe your Casey's are better run up there. I can't bring myself to eat anything made in them here.

So my wife tried to commit suicide by electricution:

I am off to work for a month and the water heater "goes out" on week one. My wife works with a neighbor to pull the 220VAC/20AMP disconnect, drain the tank, remove and install new heaters. She powers it back up and voila, hot water again. She is so proud of herself and the good safe job she did to fix a major appliance.

The next morning before she has her morning coffee, she decides to check the heaters to make sure there are no leaks. She removes the covers and proceeds to run her finger around the heater well, thereby placing her fingers in contact with the live wires. She said it HURT A LOT, but she did not get burned or knocked out.

Needless to say, it scared the heck out of me when she told me. I am just glad that she did not kill herself since no one else is in the house with her.

But it would have been okay if someone was home with her? ;)
Not really, but at least it wouldn't be a REALLY long time before someone found the body. We have black bears, bobcats, and mountain lions in the area and they are opportunist carnivores. We also live quite a ways from any other neighbors and we tend to keep to ourselves in this neck of the Smoky Mountains.

To say I was unhappy with her touching anything electrical while "live" is an understatment since I work as an electrical maintenance technician. She knew the rules of securing power before touching and says she was still "cloudy" from lack of coffee.

We joked about it later in the day on how she got a heck of a wake up call that morning.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back