Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Sh*t our kids do

I’m 35. My wife and I have been trying to have a kid for longer than this threads been up. Going the IUI route now. Failed on that today too. Seeing that old dudes like Al Pacino are cranking out kids still legit made me cranky last week. I spent most of my adult life avoiding having a kid like the plague. Now that we’re ready, and can’t, it’s pretty damn frustrating to not be able to thus far.
Hang in there love one another and it'll work out for the best whatever that is. My wife and I had our first two no problem then we decided that was enough fast-forward 6 years and decided for one more. After 2 years a miscarriage that we're still recovering from and some not so great news from the doctors and I'm not sure it's in the cards for us. The anger at seeing someone have their 5th kid when they don't properly take care of the ones they already had, the heartbreak of another failed attempt you're not alone brother. Adoption is always a option a lot of kids who need loving parents out there. Goodluck and you two will be in my prayers.

I’m 35. My wife and I have been trying to have a kid for longer than this threads been up. Going the IUI route now. Failed on that today too. Seeing that old dudes like Al Pacino are cranking out kids still legit made me cranky last week. I spent most of my adult life avoiding having a kid like the plague. Now that we’re ready, and can’t, it’s pretty damn frustrating to not be able to thus far.

This has happened more then once before to my wife and I. But the most recent one was we had an "unexpected pregnancy with our Third. Friends of ours that were trying very hard to have a kiddo end up finding out about it, and its been a complete ghost situation. Really put a bad taste in my mouth, wasent even anything we said or did. Frankly we kept it to ourselves cause this is absolutely are last one so we have just focused on enjoying the moments. But straight up ghosting people cause of jealously over some thing like that, sorry but its shitty. I remember being told once to never be jealous of what is going on in someone elses homelife, it has nothing to do with you. Dont mistreat friends or even strangers because they have something you want.

I'm not sayin your doing that dude, but its a slippery slope and its equally painful on both party's when jealously takes over.

Hey Man, I'm incredibly sorry, that is a situation I wouldn't want to be in. I hope things change, though remember adoption is an option and nothing to be looked down upon.

That being said, and the start with quoting the thread title.. what they do? now that it's summer break

sleep in late
watch too many cartoons
play too many video games
don't do chores
only eat snacks all day
leave everything they touch all day out, leaving the house in disaster appearance
then complain about their life...

This is the first summer we're letting them stay home by themselves. We also got a home phone VOIP so I can't turn off their ability to use screen time... I keep asking, and they keep saying they'll listen, but we all know how that goes.

This has happened more then once before to my wife and I. But the most recent one was we had an "unexpected pregnancy with our Third. Friends of ours that were trying very hard to have a kiddo end up finding out about it, and its been a complete ghost situation. Really put a bad taste in my mouth, wasent even anything we said or did. Frankly we kept it to ourselves cause this is absolutely are last one so we have just focused on enjoying the moments. But straight up ghosting people cause of jealously over some thing like that, sorry but its shitty. I remember being told once to never be jealous of what is going on in someone elses homelife, it has nothing to do with you. Dont mistreat friends or even strangers because they have something you want.

I'm not sayin your doing that dude, but its a slippery slope and its equally painful on both party's when jealously takes over.
Yeah, you’re completely right. I hated that I got grumpy about it. I’m not normally a jealous type, with anything really. But I think it was more of a wtf is wrong with me thing. I don’t care that Al Pacinos having a kid, I just care that 83 year olds can produce a child, and I’m an otherwise healthy 35 year old man struggling. The whole things stupid, and I recognize that. Sometimes you gotta recognize when you’re feeling one of the ugly emotions like jealousy so you can deal with it. Lots of people don’t recognize.

Hey Man, I'm incredibly sorry, that is a situation I wouldn't want to be in. I hope things change, though remember adoption is an option and nothing to be looked down upon.

That being said, and the start with quoting the thread title.. what they do? now that it's summer break

sleep in late
watch too many cartoons
play too many video games
don't do chores
only eat snacks all day
leave everything they touch all day out, leaving the house in disaster appearance
then complain about their life...

This is the first summer we're letting them stay home by themselves. We also got a home phone VOIP so I can't turn off their ability to use screen time... I keep asking, and they keep saying they'll listen, but we all know how that goes.
It was a 100+ degrees here yesterday the kids played indoors mostly it was a disaster zone when I got home. I'll never understand the inability to get one or even a couple of toys out play with them then put them up before getting the next one. Nope let's get 20x more things then we could ever use spread them to and fro and then only put them back after being threatened with manual labor by dad. I swear they're conspiring to get me to loose my cool some days.

It was a 100+ degrees here yesterday the kids played indoors mostly it was a disaster zone when I got home. I'll never understand the inability to get one or even a couple of toys out play with them then put them up before getting the next one. Nope let's get 20x more things then we could ever use spread them to and fro and then only put them back after being threatened with manual labor by dad. I swear they're conspiring to get me to loose my cool some days.
Yep, while the kids are home alone there is 2 rules. 1. Don’t destroy the house. 2. Don’t fight and bicker all day.

We need a sign that says “X days since we’ve fought and destroyed the house”

We’d only need a 0 to go in the X slot.

Yep, while the kids are home alone there is 2 rules. 1. Don’t destroy the house. 2. Don’t fight and bicker all day.

We need a sign that says “X days since we’ve fought and destroyed the house”

We’d only need a 0 to go in the X slot.
We had 2 rules leaving the kids home too.
1. No bullshit
2. No blood
It was amazing how much other crap they could get into anyway.

My boys are now 15. We will not be away for a weekend until they leave for college! Actually, I trust them. might be misguided, but I do. But I am 110% sure the house would be a mess. We have a pull out drawer with garbage in front and recycling in the back. Apparently it is too much work to get the Gatorade bottle all they way into the recycling. It is literally another 4".

My boys are now 15. We will not be away for a weekend until they leave for college! Actually, I trust them. might be misguided, but I do. But I am 110% sure the house would be a mess. We have a pull out drawer with garbage in front and recycling in the back. Apparently it is too much work to get the Gatorade bottle all they way into the recycling. It is literally another 4".
I think your not seeing the other side of the coin. If they miss the recycling bin 12 times they have saved 4'. That's a lot of wasted energy for a 15 year old.

Yeah, you’re completely right. I hated that I got grumpy about it. I’m not normally a jealous type, with anything really. But I think it was more of a wtf is wrong with me thing. I don’t care that Al Pacinos having a kid, I just care that 83 year olds can produce a child, and I’m an otherwise healthy 35 year old man struggling. The whole things stupid, and I recognize that. Sometimes you gotta recognize when you’re feeling one of the ugly emotions like jealousy so you can deal with it. Lots of people don’t recognize.
Your only human, and your right most people do not realize they do it until its too late. The older I get the more I realize this thing doesn't last all that long, so I find myself really enjoying what I have happening in my life in its current state and not being stressed about what I dont have. However I still find myself lusting after things other people have and being jealous of other folks situations.

My oldest has autism, he doesn't play sports, cant talk very well, and will likely rely on us forever. I would be a bold face liar if I wasent jealous of other people with older kids that are completely normal. Its like having a 3 year old who can whoop your butt. My wife and I struggle with that every day and we see the comments people make under their breath when we are dealing with a full blown meltdown in the target video game isle. We are thankful our daughters are otherwise normal,...mostly. But at the same time, there is no invitations for a cookout with "friends", he doesnt have friends over to play. No kids showing up to the door step asking to play. It is incredibly painful to deal with.

I'm just trying to say I understand the intense feeling of jealousy. It sucks and its a lot of work to manage. Just keep moving forward.

Back to SH#@ my kids do. The little one picked up a dried dog turd turd yesterday. That and my 6 year old asked if babys get pooped out your butt.

So last night my wife got home and I was prepping supper. She asked where our boy was and I said outside driving his side-by-side (little battery powered one). I heard him come up onto the deck so I went out to check on him. He looks me and points to the deck and says "I pooped there daddy". I said "What?! How!? Where is your pull-up?" He calmly replies, "Down there" as he points to the grass. The dude was in the grass, took his pull-up off, put his shorts back on, then proceeded to walk up the steps to the deck and drop a big ol' turd right on my deck. That was fun to clean up as I was in the middle of getting supper going. SMH

So last night my wife got home and I was prepping supper. She asked where our boy was and I said outside driving his side-by-side (little battery powered one). I heard him come up onto the deck so I went out to check on him. He looks me and points to the deck and says "I pooped there daddy". I said "What?! How!? Where is your pull-up?" He calmly replies, "Down there" as he points to the grass. The dude was in the grass, took his pull-up off, put his shorts back on, then proceeded to walk up the steps to the deck and drop a big ol' turd right on my deck. That was fun to clean up as I was in the middle of getting supper going. SMH
They’re all psychopaths until kindergarten. Straight up yard high psychos.

Back