SFW getting...

BuzzH

raked over the coals in the Missoulian newspaper today.

I feel so bad for Peay and SFW.;)

Recently there has been an onslaught of misleading information brought forth by the Sportsmen for Fish and Wildlife and their sister organization, Big Game Forever. The Montana chapter of this Utah-based organization seems to be taking marching orders from Utah. They are here in Montana, endorsing and supporting legislative candidates to carry their radical positions.

First, a little history. We have a wolf season in Montana due to the Simpson-Tester rider that was approved by Congress last year. Sportsmen for Fish and Wildlife tried to kill that legislation in Washington, D.C. It went so far as to issue a news release blatantly misrepresenting that the National Rifle Association, Safari Club International and the Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation also opposed the Simpson-Tester rider, when in fact NRA, et al., supported the Simpson-Tester rider. About as low down and underhanded as it gets, but no surprise from the Sportsmen for Fish and Wildlife.

Read more:

http://missoulian.com/news/opinion/...cle_dfb5fe10-8570-11e1-99d1-0019bb2963f4.html

raked over the coals in the Missoulian newspaper today.

I feel so bad for Peay and SFW.;)

Recently there has been an onslaught of misleading information brought forth by the Sportsmen for Fish and Wildlife and their sister organization, Big Game Forever. The Montana chapter of this Utah-based organization seems to be taking marching orders from Utah. They are here in Montana, endorsing and supporting legislative candidates to carry their radical positions.

First, a little history. We have a wolf season in Montana due to the Simpson-Tester rider that was approved by Congress last year. Sportsmen for Fish and Wildlife tried to kill that legislation in Washington, D.C. It went so far as to issue a news release blatantly misrepresenting that the National Rifle Association, Safari Club International and the Congressional Sportsmen’s Foundation also opposed the Simpson-Tester rider, when in fact NRA, et al., supported the Simpson-Tester rider. About as low down and underhanded as it gets, but no surprise from the Sportsmen for Fish and Wildlife.

Read more:

http://missoulian.com/news/opinion/...cle_dfb5fe10-8570-11e1-99d1-0019bb2963f4.html

This was written by one of the founding Fathers of "Montana Sportsmens' Alliance"

There are quite a few individuals from Hunt Talk that are members. You join up, and you'll be in great company with the 2% of the sportsmen that get involved and make a difference.

Remember me! We are still taking donations. The money goes to getting politicians elected that are sportsman friendly. This is were it all starts. Unfortunately Peay had this figured out. He's influenced hasn't been positive though.

MSA (PAC)
PO Box 1324
Hamilton, MT

Here's a link to our site. http://www.montanasportsmenalliance.com/

Attachments

• MSA bumper sticker.jpg
    MSA bumper sticker.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 736
  • Mission statement.jpg
    Mission statement.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 738
Last edited:
Read that this morning as well. Very well written and to the point.

shoots- I liked your opinion piece from a few weeks ago but I am glad that Vito clearly stated which organization is responsible and laid out their actions for everyone to read. So many sportsmen have their heads buried in the sand and are unwilling to spend the time to do their own research. PS-MSA is about to get 3 new members.

Great article and well written. I certainly hope you fellers in other western states can keep SFW in check at the very least, Utah has failed miserably at it. Peay has had the time to connect himself politically and with the big money folks and it will be a huge battle to fight that. Even the press here in Utah does VERY little to expose them for what they are.

Hopefully the "debate" will at the very least bring a temporary spotlight on Peay and SFW, although I'm not too sure of what the consequences will be, positive or negative. I have a hunch the best place to start at this point is the pocket book, and it will be looked at hard in the coming months...

Will be interesting to see if the SFW-endorsed candidates win their primary battles next week. There are some guys who need the support of non-SFW hunters and anglers.

Make sure you vote in the primary next week. The primaries are the true election in many districts.

Will be interesting to see if the SFW-endorsed candidates win their primary battles next week. There are some guys who need the support of non-SFW hunters and anglers.

Make sure you vote in the primary next week. The primaries are the true election in many districts.

Anyway to know who the non SFW candidates are and possibly some info about them. Would be nice to read up about them so that we can make an informed vote.

Attachments

• Scorecard2011.pdf
    630 KB · Views: 3,932
I was just gonna post asking about that, if there were any websites comparing candidates and shootin em straight from a sportsman's point of view. Working on the primaries tonight. Thanks.

Good, I hope the word keeps getting spread. If the heat stays on, the SFW in Montana will become the equivalent of political ebola virus and no candidate with a shred of sense will go near them or their philosophy.

These candidates need to understand that the response to any SFW BS will be nuclear.

Rest assured, SFW/BGF is going to work our state. We have wildlife potential that makes Utah pail in comparison. The potential money to be made off of our wildlife could be huge for SFW. They know this and that's why they are working so hard to get to our politicians. They want our tags.:mad:

This 990 form for 2010 only shows a portion of what they are doing with the money. Note though that only a little over 25% went to work for wildlife. Is this what our future will look like? Voters of this state can change the direction we're headed.

Attachments

• SFW tax form 2010.jpg
    SFW tax form 2010.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 223
PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back