Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

SF088 Contact House TRW

I think 100% bonus draw does a good job rewarding those with points and recruiting new participants. It also helps address the reduced NR tag levels, by maximizing tags that can be randomly drawn. Squared points provides more of an advantage to point holders but also risks driving away new NR With astronomically high odds. I think they probably want to preserve some level of the point gravy train. 100% unsquared bonus point random gets my support.

I'm just glad I got out when I did. Not funding this Ponzi scheme anymore.
Me too:

DSCN0270.JPG

IMG_3277%20_2_.JPG

IMG_4507.JPG

A lot different when you didn't have to buy those nonres points now wasn't it? Not even the same comparison Buzz and you know it or were you just looking for an excuse to throw hero shots out there?
Never miss an excuse to brag.

A lot different when you didn't have to buy those nonres points now wasn't it? Not even the same comparison Buzz and you know it or were you just looking for an excuse to throw hero shots out there?
I bought 2 sheep points and 2 moose points as a NR.

My NR Dad, also got out of the moose points game in WY in 2012...with 11 points (5 less than max), drawn in the preference pass.

There were bull tags being drawn in the preference pool with 7 points (9 less than max), cow tags with 0...100% odds.

Hunt while the getting is good or cry about it years later. Should have burned them instead of letting them go...but not my problem.

DSCN9407.JPG

Last edited:
I'd be very surprised if SF 88 didn't pass. It flew through the TRW committee (5-0) & Senate (28-3). It's in the House of Rep now.

WapitiBob, Please explain. The Sen file went through the TRW, Senate COW and has been introduced to the House. How is it a different bill???

WapitiBob, are you thinking about SF 60, which was about fee increases? It is now House bill 200. SF 88 is about switching from preference pts to squared bonus points for sheep & moose.

Change is the only constant, I get that. But it's a painful realization that after more than 30 years of hunting Wyoming, it will now be more like a NV dream, rather than an annual family adventure. On the bright side, 10% NR sheep tags and 480 peeps with more PPs means I could still draw... though I may be 106.

Never miss an excuse to brag.
Just move here if you want a more guarantee of a moose or sheep hunt.
Buzz just posted he has tried to get 50/50 as part of this change but yet some just want to pile on on the time..
Maybe I'll post my 2 moose, small bulls and my B&C sheep, I also have 5 moose PP that will put me in the draw for another tag.
I can hand out tissues if needed.

Just move here if you want a more guarantee of a moose or sheep hunt.
Buzz just posted he has tried to get 50/50 as part of this change but yet some just want to pile on on the time..
Maybe I'll post my 2 moose, small bulls and my B&C sheep, I also have 5 moose PP that will put me in the draw for another tag.
I can hand out tissues if needed.
This is the internet. Everybody gets to have their opinion.
Brag all you want.;)

Through the senate and out of committee in the house. To my uneducated eye it feels a little more likely than not, to pass.

Western knew what he was talking about. Those top end guys are getting hosed if they don't draw before the points switch.

Last edited:
We swung a couple votes...and shout out to Cyrus Western, he took Shafer to the wood shed.

These task force bills are going to be tough to stop.
Rumor has it that we need to contact our Representatives and Senators, ask them to either amend or kill SF88...opposition is rising and its not a for sure this will pass.

Point systems suck, no matter how you shuffle the deck. They do a good job of building false hope and expectations though.
They suck for hunters, for the states they raise huge amounts of money without providing any actual goods or services.

I hope it stays as written 190% bonus. I have sure written all my reps encourage them to pass it as written…

Back