Set up to fail from the start

My son got married outside in August last year. Was 95 degrees but the ceremony was like 10 minutes then everything else was in shade or ac. Turned out fine and he is one hell of a hunter.

My daughter's wedding was outside during Texas heat...her mom and I were ok with it, wasn't about us & had a sweaty blast

Reactions: JCW
My oldest daughter got married outdoors on a 105° day. It was a Scottish themed wedding, so they had everyone, including the father of the bride, wearing kilts. Turns out that kilts are made of heavy wool, designed to keep one warm on those cold Scottish winter nights. At least it wasn't like my nephew that got married on opening day of elk season. I didn't hunt that season, so I wasn't overly upset but the father of the bride was livid, and her grandpa refused to attend. Another nephew got married on opening day of archery season. He knew better because he is a hunter, but he let the little lady run the show. Yah, that's a good start to married life. My BIL, the groom's brothers, the minister and I spent a good hour before the service sitting around bitching about the timing. At least the minister had a change of clothes and his bow in the truck, so he got to go on an evening hunt since he wasn't required to attend the reception.

Headed to a formal wedding outside in the blazing Aug sun. Poor bastards have no idea that everyone hates their choice date. He will never make it as a hunter with this mentality.

My brother took a job in Phoenix years ago, he moved down there in November. I remember him telling me on the phone shortly after his move "it's not that hot here"...LOL

You would swear by the sheer amount of man buns here it’s where all the Creedmoor ammo went.

Can’t wait to start a conversation with them about how their loans got paid by Uncle Joe….and me.

Good news there is a open bar. At least they got that part right.

You would swear by the sheer amount of man buns here it’s where all the Creedmoor ammo went.

Can’t wait to start a conversation with them about how their loans got paid by Uncle Joe….and me.

Good news there is a open bar. At least they got that part right.
If there’s an open bar it really doesn’t sound that bad.
Don’t be a rinella.
Get your 10k out of it

If there’s an open bar it really doesn’t sound that bad.
Don’t be a rinella.
Get your 10k out of it
I am the best drunk inappropriate uncle ever. Unfortunately the groomsman are far surpassing my level of alcohol tolerance. I’m too old to compete at that level.

I’m in Augusta for one tomorrow. Brutal for this northeast guy 😓 😓
Luckily wealthy MIL swung and missed on this hot dump of a B&B, freaked and just checked us in the Hilton so now I’m going to start drinking.

I went to another formal outdoor wedding once. The venue had a nice creek running through it so while waiting for the show to begin I went down to see if there were any trout in the creek. I didn't see any fish, but I did see a Giant Pacific Salamander. I thought that was something my nephew would like to see, the same nephew that got married on the opening day of archery season only he was only 7 years old at the time. I went and found him and took him down to see that critter in the creek. It turns out that when you point into a creek and tell a seven-year-old boy that there is a big old salamander in that hole right behind that big rock, he will immediately charge into the creek catch said salamander. Never mind that he is all cleaned up and wearing his finest Sunday go to meetin' clothes. Funny thing is, he was soaked from head to toe, but he didn't get in any trouble, but I got chewed out by his mother, my wife and two women I didn't even know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back