Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

September afternoons

Hunting Wife

Headed out after work...can’t waste these precious September days when it stays light long enough to do such a thing. 20 minutes of walking and she had her four retrieves, then a swim for a job well done.

There is almost literally NOTHING to do up here most of the year. Winter seems to last 8 months, the days are short except for a few weeks in the height of summer, we have no grand mountain or forest vistas. But early September on the prairie is about as close to heaven as a bird hunter and her dog are going to get. Even with all the damn mosquitoes.

6A9A14F6-F335-4E79-9F3A-AC258C1C7CD4.jpeg

Beautiful ---the dog, the hunt, the birds, and the landscape. I love the prairie and the pond . Add a few cows and it is perfect! Damn the mosquitoes, full speed ahead. I could ride a horse across country like that for days and never tire of it.

Congratulations on the hunt.

p.s. what shotgun were you using ?

I can certainly relate to the short days and long nights :)

Very nicely done

20 minutes, 4 birds, good shooting, and retrieving !

Enjoy

congratulations Looks like that "ugly" shotgun works pretty darn well

I see lots of wetflies and nymphs to be had from those birds. Can someone positively ID these birds as sharptail grouse for me?

Not really an upland gun and ugly as hell, but I shoot it much better than the “pretty” 20 gauge I used to have. 😁
That's okay! Not sure a bird was ever killed from gun aesthetics. I carry a synthetic Winchester SX3 and I shoot way better with that than anything else.

One of the things I really miss from my childhood in eastern montana. Drive 10 minutes out of town after school and get a quick hunt in. Jealous. Hunting Wife, where are you guys at?

I love sharpies. And the places they live. Do something about those skeeters by October 12th though, please. :)

Nice dog work & that A400 is nothing to sneeze at!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back