Self Quarantine Entertainment Content

Irrelevant

Today's our first day of the kids home. Wife and I splitting the duties still trying to get some work done. However, I'm already bored. Turkey season hasn't started and the fishing won't pick up for another month. This thread is meant to share interesting content/videos that people find for free on the net. We all love watching Randy and Renella, but I can only watch so much hunting.

Here's one I found when it first came out (might have been through here), that I just rewatched:

Also two great migration vids:

What else is out there?

For some history.

For some black powder history, shooting, and some hunting.

For some laughs.

A while back I got hooked on a YouTube channel called Omeleto, which has hundreds of short films, usually about ten minutes long or so. They are super high quality, almost all of them leave me thinking, and it is addictive.

I'll toot my own horn because I think some here may find them interesting, but I write a monthly geography column in the local newspaper. No longer behind a paywall due to coronavirus, and all of them have a map accompanying them. If you live in MT the places will make more sense to you.

Today's our first day of the kids home. Wife and I splitting the duties still trying to get some work done. However, I'm already bored. Turkey season hasn't started and the fishing won't pick up for another month. This thread is meant to share interesting content/videos that people find for free on the net. We all love watching Randy and Renella, but I can only watch so much hunting.

Here's one I found when it first came out (might have been through here), that I just rewatched:

Also two great migration vids:

What else is out there?

That was a good way to spend some of my day, thanks for sharing!

A while back I got hooked on a YouTube channel called Omeleto, which has hundreds of short films, usually about ten minutes long or so. They are super high quality, almost all of them leave me thinking, and it is addictive.

I'll toot my own horn because I think some here may find them interesting, but I write a monthly geography column in the local newspaper. No longer behind a paywall due to coronavirus, and all of them have a map accompanying them. If you live in MT the places will make more sense to you.

These look interesting. Thanks for the links!

Travel the Inland Waterways of Great Britain at a blistering 3 mph. There are six seasons of this fantastic TV! Avoid cruising the cut. Not nearly as riveting, and the host isn't as peppy as this dude. On Amazon Prime for free.

The Great Pottery Throw Down: 3 seasons. If you like to watch British people bake, then you'll sit through British people making pottery. On Youtube.

For some awesome recipes that can be cooked at camp or home. Kent Rollins is great. An actual Chuckwagon cook. Its not what I would call health food.

*Edit: All I want to do when I grow up is LEARN how to consistently harvest public land bulls and LEARN how to ski big lines.

Also, not to hijack the OP and these aren’t free but if you’re bored this is my list of fav docs.
The Barkley marathons
Meru
180 degrees south
Valley uprising.
These are kinda relevant to Covid to me because I first discovered them a few years back while white knuckling my way through a rather nasty bout of the flu that took me from 160lbs to 139 over the course of a few weeks.
At the risk of sounding over dramatic they kinda changed the way I look at life. If you haven’t seen them already I’d highly recommend checking them out.
Happy St. Patrick’s day HT.
Hope everyone is happy and healthy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallguy
Back