Sean 1 - Elk 0

I hit two black angus on I90 at Whitehall. Same thing, midnight, 75 mph and no brakes.

I was in a Dodge 2500 Cummins with a brush guard on the front. It fared better than your Yota did. I’ve often wondered how that would have turned out if I was in a small passenger car.

I'm surprised and glad you came out of it relatively unscathed. What a ride eh?
It was duece...I've been in some pretty nasty hairy car wrecks and this collision was by far the loudest. Sounded like a damn train was going thru the car.

Thanks everyone I'm glad I'm ok to. On a side note I don't think I'll have to drive to gillette anymore. Flying me if I go that far from now on sounds like. So that's a positive.

@JLS even with brush guard that had to leave a mark. Holy crap!

One night last June I hit a small bull elk on the highway in a Subaru Forester… wow does it happen fast. We got lucky and mostly just ran over it’s back legs. It ended up only cracking the bumper/windshield washer fluid reservoir and slightly bending a control arm which messed up the alignment. Even had access to a nearby walk-in cooler and it was the tastiest elk I’ve ever had! Your collision was much much worse looking!
I’m glad you are okay!

Wow! As a young buck, I worked a couple seasons at the Togwotee Mountain Lodge ('88-'89(?)) when it was privately owned.
We responded to a family in a Pontiac grand prix that slammed into a moose early am. Moose flew into the windshield and impacted against the driver (father) and passenger (son). Mother and daughter were in the back seat. Airlift, etc.

That hwy holds the full Rocky Mtn wildlife...

Glad you're ok! Airbags hurt like heck though saved many noggins.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back