Yeti GOBOX Collection

SD hunters, recognize this deer?

Oak

Expert
What a beautifully symmetrical non-typ. buck! I got these from a friend, who got them from a friend, who...

Here's the only info I got: "From my buddy I hunt with in south dakota.....One of the best looking bucks I've ever seen. Shot not to far from Sioux Falls last year. I don't have a score, but, think it was over 200". There is also rumor of a 200"+ typical shot just North of Brookings last week. I'll get more details on that too."

SDBuckI.jpg

SDBuckII.jpg

Oak

Holy sheep crap. What a pig. Buck of a lifetime. Too bad it came from the bad side of the state.
eek.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-06-2003 13:38: Message edited by: mtmiller ]</font>

That is one massive deer...Why is the faces whited out, trying to hide some thing?!!!
biggrin.gif

I got that email last year... The info I got on it said it was shot in Iowa... Who knows is this another "Urban Legend". The source I heard it from is usually very reliable. Seems like he may have even known the hunter, I don't remember...

I guess it could very well be from IA, as Sioux Falls isn't far from the border. I removed the faces because I didn't know who the folks were. It's a good thing that buck didn't get the baler wire hung up in something and kill himself (although I guess for him the end result is the same
smile.gif
).

Oak

Well this is what I have heard. It was taken on the Sioux river which is between Sd & Ia Just on the edge of Sioux Falls. of course this is only what I heard. No facts for sure. A good friend of mine may be doing the mount. I will see if this is the same deer and get a photo of the finished mount.

You can see the tag in the first pic, on the hind leg...which state's tag is it? Or do SD's and IA's tags look the same?

Nice buck in any state. Father and son look just alike.
wink.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back