MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

SD Draw

What’s the actual release date? Because it was late July. Last year was late June so who knows!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just calculated my odds with 4 points for the hunt I put in for. With the cubed system they are just under .009% using last year's draw data. My urge to hit the refresh button just dropped down a few notches! I actually laughed out loud when Excel spit out the number. The selfishness of those that pushed through the cubed system is completely mind boggling. Obviously I could have done the math before I put in, but I only applied for it in lieu of buying a point, never expecting to draw. I don't expect it's the unit I'll apply for when I'm more serious about actually pulling a tag.

The selfishness of those that pushed through the cubed system is completely mind boggling.
I don't think there was barely any support for the cubing by the general public. It was pretty much a move by the commission to try and throw a bone to those sitting on 20 some elk points that raise hell every year they don't draw.

I don't think there was barely any support for the cubing by the general public. It was pretty much a move by the commission to try and throw a bone to those sitting on 20 some elk points that raise hell every year they don't draw.
The commission should have to look every kid in the state square in the eye and explain to them that their entire generation was less important to them than a few grumpy old guys. If I was a SD resident, I'd be doing everything in my power to get this repealed before the old guys feel even more entitled.

I still have the ability to change my hunt selections, so I doubt results come out today. Could be wrong though?

The commission should have to look every kid in the state square in the eye and explain to them that their entire generation was less important to them than a few grumpy old guys. If I was a SD resident, I'd be doing everything in my power to get this repealed before the old guys feel even more entitled.
I completely agree and there was a lot of pushback on this from the public and a lot of pressure from the SD Wildlife Federation and other lobbies. It's very unfortunate it happened, but the commission is known well for ignoring the will of the public and doing whatever they want (or are told to do). Just look at the entire process for the restructuring of the deer draw from a few years ago. There was an overwhelming amount of public comments and testimonies that were in favor of no changes, but they pushed it through anyways.

I still have the ability to change my hunt selections, so I doubt results come out today. Could be wrong though?

Application listed July 2nd as results day. They've been pretty consistent the last year with drawing when they say they will.

I completely agree and there was a lot of pushback on this from the public and a lot of pressure from the SD Wildlife Federation and other lobbies. It's very unfortunate it happened, but the commission is known well for ignoring the will of the public and doing whatever they want (or are told to do). Just look at the entire process for the restructuring of the deer draw from a few years ago. There was an overwhelming amount of public comments and testimonies that were in favor of no changes, but they pushed it through anyways.

Application listed July 2nd as results day. They've been pretty consistent the last year with drawing when they say they will.

Way late on second elk draw.

Way late on second elk draw.
1624561482469.png
Nope.
June 18th (last Friday) was deemed a State Holiday at around 4:30 PM on Thursday the 17th. That means the draw proceeded the next business day (Monday the 21st) which is when results were posted and emails were sent out. Like your name says, keep trying. 😆

The Commission answers to the person in the big house across the lake from the Capital. The will of SD resident sportsmen and woman is hardly a consideration.

The Commission answers to the person in the big house across the lake from the Capital. The will of SD resident sportsmen and woman is hardly a consideration.
That's what I was getting at when I said "(or are told to do)". You're preaching to the choir on that issue.

View attachment 186565
Nope.
June 18th (last Friday) was deemed a State Holiday at around 4:30 PM on Thursday the 17th. That means the draw proceeded the next business day (Monday the 21st) which is when results were posted and emails were sent out. Like your name says, keep trying. 😆

I drew a leftover cow tag. Wait!? Why was it a state holiday?

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back