SD deer (pic heavy)

Great stuff miller....I always enjoy seeing your pics from S. Dakota. That pic with you and your buddy with Axl is classic. Always looks like a good time. Congrats on the buck.

As far as the Muley goes.....165"! Cool lookin' buck!

Nice pictures as per usual Miller. Low-mid 160's on you buddy's whitey? Nice color on it's antlers. Way to go on your's...nice bucks all.

Miller what caliber is your Kimber in? I'm kinda kicking around the idea of picking up a montana as a lightweight rig vs. going with a lightweight build.

Uhmm on photo #5 What's that metal rod that looks to be running along your rifle? You aren't learning bad habits from the Texicans are you?
Really, Nice bucks all around.

Uhmm on photo #5 What's that metal rod that looks to be running along your rifle? You aren't learning bad habits from the Texicans are you?
Really, Nice bucks all around.
Bipod, not tripod.;)

I guess I over prepared by taking my hoist and gambrel, my buddy was already setup for hanging critters. It worked great, but I can't find one in my Cabelas mag.:eek:
P1010273Medium.JPG

Any guess on the score? I was way off.
2007muledeer002.jpg
180 gross, counting the extras.
Nice, I think he went 179".

Nice pictures as per usual Miller. Low-mid 160's on you buddy's whitey? Nice color on it's antlers. Way to go on your's...nice bucks all.
Whitey went 157"

Miller what caliber is your Kimber in? I'm kinda kicking around the idea of picking up a montana as a lightweight rig vs. going with a lightweight build.
It is in a 7WSM

What size groups do you get out of that Kimber Craig?

Spitter, here is the last group I shot before I used it this fall.

This was shot at 100m. I guess I am close enough to Canada that the range goes metric.:D
P1010337Small.JPG

I have never reloaded, but a guy at work spends every weekend at the range and helped me work up a load. I had a few loads with this powder and although I was happy with the 70.5, I already had 5 each of 71, 71.5 and 72. The first two loads opened up so I figured 72 wouldn't be any better. Glad I decide to try it anyway.

I have no idea if this was just a fluke, but this was a good group for me and I haven't tested it since.

I am not a paper punching guy, so this is more than adequate for me. I doubt there are many guns out there that miss critters, just the yea-hoo behind the trigger.

For a mountain rifle it seems to shoot pretty consistant, even with me tuggin' on the trigger.

nice deer. Nice pics, your still ugly and your Kimber group is all luck because those things are junk, trust me, i own one.
But really, how does yours feed?

nice deer. Nice pics, your still ugly and your Kimber group is all luck because those things are junk, trust me, i own one.
But really, how does yours feed?
Of course I trust you, you seem to know everything.;)

Feeds fine with two in the magazine. Not so well on the first one if I have three in the mag. I just hunt with three in the gun and have no problems.

mine is the same, sometimes big trouble on the first feed with one in the tube. Junk

That's a great group. Nice to have a buddy that will help out with stuff like that. Did he hold the gun for you too? :D

How did it shoot factory loads? Did you get sub MOA groups?

Back