Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Screamin Reel gets his first (pic finally in)

Nut

Groundhog or Woodchuck if it really matters what it is called.
wink.gif

Yesterday afternoon I went dove hunting with him. As we walked along the path to the dove fields I spotted movement in the sunflowers. Yep a woodchuck. The way it went into them I realized that it went away from it's burrows in the tree line. So I kept SR on that side of the sunflowers and I went to the other side. As I was walking them on that side I got startled when SR fired his shotgun. Then I look at him and he fires again. Then as I was walking through the sunflowers he fires yet again!

I get to that side and see the groundhog on the ground quivering. SR starts walking up to it but it starts moving yet again. So I stop SR and fire into its head to finish it off for sure.

After making sure it was dead SR tells me that the first shot just stopped it and it had start moving toward the treeline. Hence the second shot. The thrid was to stop it as it had rolled over again.

Boy was he happy.... I told him then that he shot my groundhog . It was mine because I spotted it and he had no reason to shoot it.........Then I smiled and he got what I was doing. Then I got my hug from him. Dang near killed me he did!

Pics will be shown in 6 months.
shhh.gif

Way to go screamingreal, i always did like chasing those critters around, one time i was chaseing some rocks chucks with a golf cart, now that was fun

Happy Hunting

Congrats to Screamin' Reel! Sounds like the groundhog didn't have a chance!
biggrin.gif

Oak

Congrats SR!!
cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> one time i was chaseing some rocks chucks with a golf cart, now that was fun <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I prefer to chase cats with golf carts!!
biggrin.gif

SR told me today that he had fired 4 times at the groundhog and not 3. One
confused.gif
Dad here now. I asked when the heck did he fire the 4th shot? He said right as I got out of the sunflowers.
confused.gif
again. That means he had to reload in a millisecond since he was using my Mossberg 835 and I keep the plug in the magazine.
eek.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back