Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Scouting Going Well

idelkhntr

I decided I would expand my normal hunting area and set up a trail camera in early July. This is the first year that I am actually catching mature bulls on camera. In the past I have generally only captured cows, calves and the occasional raghorn. This year has been much different. I went up this past Sunday and retrieved my memory card and this guy showed up. I got several pictures and believe it or not, there was at least six cows with him. The picture was taken on August 10th. Seems kind of early to be with cows, but who knows. I blew up the picture and adjusted the lighting so I could get a good look at him. As you can see, it's a nice 7x6 and is on public land. What do you think? Worth hitting my expanded area or not? I think so. Just thought I would share. Ten days to go and can't wait. The second picture is of another bull that I captured on July 25th.

Attachments

• 2015elk.jpg
    2015elk.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 899
  • PICT0146.jpg
    PICT0146.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 898
I went out Tuesday night and checked my camera one last time before the season starts on Sunday. I figured while I was there I would set up a ground blind now so I didn't disturb the area during the season. This bull comes in with several cows and calves. They are coming in every afternoon between 1 and 6. I have some pictures where they are bedded down right in front of the camera. Just thought I'd share. There have been about six different bulls come into this spot since I put my camera there and a few of them would be personal bests for me. Enjoy your season all.

Attachments

• PICT0067.jpg
    PICT0067.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 616
Very cool - bet you're pumped!!!
Good luck.
Hope to see you sitting behind one next...

Great pic, and best wishes on the hunt. I hope your work is rewarded. Good luck getting much sleep the next few days!!

If the wind is good for you, you should be notching that tag on Sunday! Good luck!

I've had cameras out all summer as well. Looking for some good bucks. Wish I had a Bull tag!?!?!?!? Good Luck

Attachments

• 5x6.jpg
    5x6.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 542
  • Luther.jpg
    Luther.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 546
I'll make a deal with you. Give me your contact info and I'll set you up as one of my contacts on my SPOT. Then if I get one of these guys on the ground you can come help pack him out. Then you will have the GPS coordinates. Ha!

If a pack out is all you need we might need to talk one day

If a pack out is all you need we might need to talk one day

Not so fast mudranger... find your own to pack out. I got this one.

Hey, after I help him...maybe you can pack mine out. Someone else can then help you...Lol

Sounds like a pyramid scheme in the making

Not so fast mudranger... find your own to pack out. I got this one.

Hey, after I help him...maybe you can pack mine out. Someone else can then help you...Lol

Sounds like a pyramid scheme in the making

I'll even hop on this pyramid scheme train if I can get elk like that!

Awesome pics Idelk!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back