Scoring question?

This bull is actually 50 inches between the beams. Much different than the other bull I posted. That’s a solid rule in my opinion. I had no clue. Thanks for posting

Attachments

• 68012425212__E9DAE89D-9809-4A17-80CE-DEF6571E3563.jpeg
    68012425212__E9DAE89D-9809-4A17-80CE-DEF6571E3563.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 28
I think ol Chuckie A. had a bull one time that would have been #1 P&Y with the same "Flair" kind of problem and P&Y shut that chit down.

Seems stupid. if you're gonna measure air, measure air!

Really cool bull, congratulations to you and your son. Special memories made no doubt.

That bull would NOT be considered excessive divergence. It would be permissible to take the measurement out towards the beam tip (or widest location) providing it is perpendicular with the center of the skull.
Eli elk overhead.jpg
So the green line would be okay? Thanks!

One last picture. My son dressed up as an elk hunter for Halloween and thought it looked cool to carry the antlers around in his backpack like this. It might give the best angle for seeing the flare on the tips.

IMG_8663.jpeg

P.S. He knows that you probably wouldn’t ever pack antlers out like this but thought it looked cool. My concern was that he was going to poke someone with them.

Last edited:
That bull would NOT be considered excessive divergence. It would be permissible to take the measurement out towards the beam tip (or widest location) providing it is perpendicular with the center of the skull.
So what about the bull I posted in post #15? Why would that be different? How about chuckies bull? I will have to find a photo of it but I think the beams just go out until the widest point is the tips. This is very interesting stuff that I had no idea about.

One last picture. My son dressed up as an elk hunter for Halloween and thought it looked cool to carry the antlers around in his backpack like this.

View attachment 299960
It might give the best angle for seeing the flare on the tips.

P.S. He knows that you probably wouldn’t ever pack antlers out like this but thought it looked cool. My concern was that he was going to poke someone with them.
That is a great bull!

So what about the bull I posted in post #15? Why would that be different? How about chuckies bull? I will have to find a photo of it but I think the beams just go out until the widest point is the tips. This is very interesting stuff that I had no idea about.
The only thing I can think of different is that mine only gets back to about what the inside spread is earlier? Not 20" wider? I'm also clueless on this so don't take anything I say as accurate. I'm going to remeasure on the green line and see if I can stretch the tape to get it any closer to 360" net. LOL.

By looking at the photo, it would not seem excessive.

Ran the score again last night and got 5/8" different from my first run at it after accounting for the difference on inside spread. Actually 5/8" less not more.

Gross is 371" and Net 356 4/8". 3 4/8" doesn't seem like much but don't think we are going to make 360" net.

1,000% agree that this is an awesome bull and 371" gross is way bigger than I thought he was and considering we were shooting the first legal bull we are still somewhat in shock over it.

Super proud dad right now.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskyRichard
Back