NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Scoring Contest

Can I ask where the buck is from? If it is one of those WY style bucks with big heads, I am getting higher than what Crittergitter posted.

If it is one of those dalmatian sized bucks/heads from way south, I probably get a number less than what CG posted.

Length will be higher than expected, given the curve/hook, The bottom two mass and prong measurements are really good. Top mass seems to be weaker.

Got any clearer side angles?

Unrelated to this, I saw a buck on MM posted today that is 81 2/8". I am thinking the guy gave it a spread credit.

Can I ask where the buck is from? If it is one of those WY style bucks with big heads, I am getting higher than what Crittergitter posted.

If it is one of those dalmatian sized bucks/heads from way south, I probably get a number less than what CG posted.

Length will be higher than expected, given the curve/hook, The bottom two mass and prong measurements are really good. Top mass seems to be weaker.

Got any clearer side angles?

Unrelated to this, I saw a buck on MM posted today that is 81 2/8". I am thinking the guy gave it a spread credit.

Yeah, I saw that buck on MM, too. Poor photo for judging, but from the two he posted the bottom buck looks just as big.

This buck here is from AZ back in 2005. I have no other photos of this buck. I have some video somewhere, but I haven't seen it in quite some time. The reason the photos are so bad is because they were screen captures from the 8mm video we took. It's nice nowadays with all this digital stuff! :)

I'm going with 83. With all my experience of harvesting antelope I can't be too far off.:rolleyes:
The side shot makes his above prong mass look real weak but from the front he looks heavier. I think that I shoot him and measure later.

Last edited:
His top mass looks better head on, than from the side. And his bottom mass looks better, now that I examine the front view.

OK, then I give him bottom mass of 14, prong of 6, length of 15, and top mass of 5 6/8". What's that total?

Hmmm, I guess that gives him a score of 81 4/8".

I lied in my first post. I thought I would give something just below what CG gave, but the frontal view of mass has changed my mind, even knowing he is a buck with an AZ head/body size.

I think Lawnboy may be pretty close...

Saw that buck on MM too...not sure how that buck gets to 81.

I just don't see more than 80 from those photos, but if you are implying that you know the true score, I'm guessing I'm way off.

84. Don't know why or how, but that's the number that popped into my head when I saw the picture.

Here are the 11 guesses so far...

78 5/8
81 4/8
80 4/8
82 6/8

The average score of all the guesses is 81 even, so when I tell you the score you're all going to be floored!

This buck was taken in 2005 by Robert E. Petersen on one of the Arizona auction tags costing $39,000!

We located the buck early in the year and didn't think it was big enough for our client so we moved on to "greener" pastures. We had guessed the buck in the 86-87 range. We, like all of you, were still a little too low.

According to the outfitter the buck green gross scored 88 7/8 and was nearly 18 inches long!

2005_Petersen.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flight343
Back