Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Score this one?

Tom

elk1.jpg

What do you think the score is? I have a reference for the real score.

Hey tom, This is a nice Bull. I'm having a hard time with this because the picture is so small. This bull has good mass but really struggles on the tine length espically on his uppers. This bull looks like a 320 bull to me. GREAT BROW TINES!!!!

Too hard to tell from that picture and only one angle. Somewhere 300-340 probably. Looks nice and heavy antlered.

Looks like a regressive bull... A bull that is past his prime and on the down side.. Brow tines look OK on this side, but short on the other. Maybe an optical illusion.. None of the other tines appear to be very long, but this critter has LOTS of mass. I'd give him about a 328" score.

:cool:

I always guess low so I'll be pleasantly surprised. ;)

I have a hard time seeing 335" there, though. Where's it all at? Why don't you guys throw out your estimates of beam and point lengths. Looks to have pretty short beams, and the difference between average mass and good mass isn't much in the overall score, right?

Oak

i don't see where people think he has short tines? spear points or 4th's are white 1/2 way up, so what u see dark is half of what his tine really is. close to 18" maybe 20". his mains because of a wide sweep, and look at the distance between the 4th and 5th, maybe 12" this gives him a longer main than u would think 50". mass ya, 10"-12" bases, 10" 2nd and 9" 3rd spot. about 58-60" total mass. just my thoughts, don't forget the 18" fronts :eek:

Speedgoat taxidermy you must be that taxidermist that tells every client that brings a forkie in will make boone and crockett so you better mount'r up.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burger hunter
Back