SCOPES

SONG DOG

I have a Bushnell Banner 6x18x50 AO on both 22-250's. They run around $130-140.
They work fantastic for me.
Do you guys think that the more expensive scopes are really worth the money. I do realise that they are really clear but can a person give up alittle to spend 1/2 as much?

SONG DOG

I think you should buy what you like.In my neck of the woods,all I really need is a fixed scope,but I buy 3x9's anyway.I have a 4x12 swift on my 22-250,a 4x16 BSA mildot on my bushmaster,but don't really need the magnification of either one.For years I've used Tasco and now Swift scopes on all my rifles,in 3x9,and never had a breakdown while hunting.

I did use Tasco and Swift,until I had a 3x9 Bushnell 3200 Elite put on my 308 barrel.Now I'm slowly phasing out the swifts in favor of the Elite bushnells,a bit more cost,but a much more nicely built scope.

I was going to get one of the Elites but I knew if I did I would probably like it more and would have to try to get two so I could put the other on the VS. So, I stuck with what was on th VS so I wouldn't ponder.

SONG DOG

What the elites have going for them is first of all the rainguard protection,which is awesome.Then there is the clarity,which is unbeatable.Lastly,they look classy as hell sitting on a rifle!

That's a hard question. Get what make you happy. When buying a scope I get the best glass I can squeeze out of the check book. My next scope will be a Burris. I want to give them a go.

originally had a Golden Antler... traded up for a Simmons..
frown.gif
The biggest mistake I ever made... traded it up for another Golden Antler by Tasco 4x16x50 I'm a happy camper now
wink.gif

Tuff question, but My answer is Burris. I like the Fullfield II w/ balistic plex. I have them in several rifles. I also have some Leupolds but I'm fading them out as they go down, just like the Burris better.

sly

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back