Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Scope Shopping

TN2shot07

Everyone's favorite topic...

Shopping for the 700 in 270 I picked up a few weeks ago.

I run Leupolds on all of my rifles (Vx-3i's and one VX-5). I'll probably end up going this route but can't hurt to look.

While I was at the shop the other day they had a rifle in the rack with one of the Zeiss V4's on it. It seemed like really nice glass and also falls within my budget range. Has anyone run these and how did you like it and how would it compare to the VX-5?

Thanks!
Josh

I have Leupolds and Zeiss V4's. To me, the glass is just a touch better on the VX5HD's, but I trust the tracking on the V4's more. I have them on 4 rifles and all 4 have been 100% reliable, track true and RTZ.

I have Leupolds and Zeiss V4's. To me, the glass is just a touch better on the VX5HD's, but I trust the tracking on the V4's more. I have them on 4 rifles and all 4 have been 100% reliable, track true and RTZ.
Exactly. VX HD’s have much better glass, especially in low light. But turrets are better on the zeiss V4’s. Both are great scopes. For a .270 I’d be going with the Leupold

Stay with a proven winner.
I chanced a Athlon Ares that I never had seen or knew much about, just what others had said about their scopes being so good blah, blah blah.
Might end up on a .22 as that's about all I think it's much good for.
Bad eye relief after 15, very unforgiving in that higher range.

Back