Sciatica

I don't care for any pain relievers. Haven't even taken an aspirin in 30 plus years. II ain't holistic, maybe a stretch or something? mtmuley
Coming from a pharmacist maybe take some anti-inflammatorys short term. I’m all about not taking drugs but what do you do.

It is more than likely caused by tight hamstrings, it is for me anyway. I feel it coming on and I stretch my hamstrings and it helps dramatically. But then again, if it is too far along, it is hard to stretch.

Get up early and stretch each morning. Do some walking or jogging and some Bodyweight stuff like pushups and squats and situps. Eat healthy, light and lean. I have a herniated disk on the bottom and several bulging. I've had shots, but what's helped me the most is dropping 25 lbs and keeping moving.

I know what caused it. I've lived with it as it got worse. My fault for ignoring it. I'll try the stretching. mtmuley
Pain is an early warning sign. Good luck, it’s not an overnight process.

Stretching hamstrings without bending your back. If it's a disk the McKenzie method works sometimes. Start laying down on your stomach then work up to propping up on your elbows, if that feels ok go to hands on the ground. I'm recovering myself from lower back surgery in August, should be good to go by my November mule deer hunt though!

I don’t have much to add…I find my pain comes on when I go through phases of too much sitting. Long car trips or too much office work. Working out every day and stretching calves and hamstrings really makes a difference for me.

That is absolutely a crappy pain to deal with. Hope you can get a handle on it quick and be comfortable on your hunt.

When mine got really bad physical therapy helped a lot. Many of the stretches were like yoga and they even had me download some free yoga app and do the beginner section. The app and what they had me doing in-office were very similar. I should just stay on the stretches faithfully, but I don't. When it flares up I get back on the yoga type stretches and it helps. Walking also seems to help me. When it's bad I can't sleep more than an hour or two, then I go slowly walk around the farm in the dark. Good luck!

unfortunately I get to feeling good then stop them, then it comes back.
I believe this is ingrained into the homo sapien's DNA...

Best to ya, Muley. I don't doubt it will stop ya - heck, think of it as, "therapy".

My wife has had issues with this, and chiropractic, deep massage, and stretching will be the best results. Doing construction also, when your hurting it’s no fun. You might want to look into dry needling, it really helped my next/shoulder. Hopefully you can make it out this weekend and be pain free

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back