Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

SCHNEE'S - Bozeman

PaulRevere

I wanted to write something here and share my experience with Schnee's in Bozeman. Last winter I bought a pair of of boots on sale from their website. They were a Schnee's brand lady's hunting boot. After less than one year of use I was wringing water out of my socks after wear. Fed up, I wrote Schnee's a letter expressing my disappointment. They promptly sent me a shipping label so I could send the boots back for a production manager to take a look at. They ended up giving me store credit in the full amount that I spent on the boots ($239.00). In turn I was able to purchase a Mystery Ranch Pop Up 28 that was on sale for $239.20, they didn't charge me the 20 cents! I called Schnee's yesterday (5/23) and placed the order, when I got home tonight (5/24) my new pack was on the porch.

Schnee's has a customer for life out of me and I wanted to share my positive experience with the Hunt Talk community!

PS: my new mystery ranch pack is the shit, hopefully I can put it's meat hauling capability to use in the next couple weeks with a bear of my own.

Last edited:
I had a similar, but even better experience with Schnees. Best customer experience I have ever had for anything for my whole life. I am a customer for life and own 5 pairs of their boots. I have my dad hooked now too.

I’m glad you had that experience. I hope they are getting back to the customer service they are known for.

I own 3 pairs of their boots and could not have had more of an opposite experience than yours on a flooded pair of granites last fall. They even charged me $12+shipping to replace an eyelet that broke out, causing me to hunt sheep for 12 days not only in wet boots, but a boot that was hard to keep tight. So now I have a leaky pair of boots with a new eyelet 😃👍🏻

I truly believe the quality of their boots is high. The Tetons and the Absarokas I own have been great. They are hands down the most comfortable boots I’ve worn. The mishap with the Granites was likely an anomaly in quality. It was just very disappointing how they handled it.

This, below is also problematic but is another topic.

ACE92050-DDF8-461E-8F4C-24B157CDA128.jpeg

I have had great service from them online. I am looking forward to stoping at the store when I am in the area.

I’m glad you had that experience. I hope they are getting back to the customer service they are known for.

I own 3 pairs of their boots and could not have had more of an opposite experience than yours on a flooded pair of granites last fall. They even charged me $12+shipping to replace an eyelet that broke out, causing me to hunt sheep for 12 days not only in wet boots, but a boot that was hard to keep tight. So now I have a leaky pair of boots with a new eyelet 😃👍🏻

I truly believe the quality of their boots is high. The Tetons and the Absarokas I own have been great. They are hands down the most comfortable boots I’ve worn. The mishap with the Granites was likely an anomaly in quality. It was just very disappointing how they handled it.

This, below is also problematic but is another topic.

View attachment 106911

To be honest, I sent them a really sassy letter..called the waterproofing on their boots "some sort of sick joke". Maybe the aggression helped my case. They said the problem was from exposure to heat, although I was always really careful about my boots near the fire. I bought two pairs of Asolo's this winter and was able to swoop up my new meat hauling pack...so I really can't complain.

The MT grown merino is something...but yeah, a different topic. 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️

Same.. bought some timberlines, Broke them in and wore them on multiple Hikes and hunts. Was experiencing major foot pain after about 4 and a 1/2 miles. With a good year of Use and 75+ miles on them they sent me a shipping label and I returned them. They gave me full store credit.

Last edited:
Opposite for me leaked like a sieve returned and came back smeared with goo and when i put in a tub and went to get some lead to hold them down they were full to the top upon return. Called again and they said tough luck pal they are your boots enjoy them

NEVER AGAIN...

And when I say leaked you couldnt even cross what I call a one step creek without needing new socks and felts Extremely comfortable for sunny and fifty degree days tho.

Opposite for me leaked like a sieve returned and came back smeared with goo and when i put in a tub and went to get some lead to hold them down they were full to the top upon return. Called again and they said tough luck pal they are your boots enjoy them

NEVER AGAIN...

And when I say leaked you couldnt even cross what I call a one step creek without needing new socks and felts Extremely comfortable for sunny and fifty degree days tho.

🙄 mine leaked so bad too...sorry your experience was dinner. Glad I didn't use my store refund on another pair of boots...

This company's endorsement of dirty bastard public lands wool growers absolutely assures I'd walk in in Crocs, go barefoot or not even go before I"d ever even think about a crappy pair of boots from them. Fact.

That is good beer in his hand. Tall blondes are good. That said, I like my Kenetreks. mtmuley

A man has to have principles
There are a lot of outdoor gear companies making one hell of a lot of money from sportsmen. We should be demanding that they advocate for the resource, but nope, not on the tough issues. Guess we deserve what we get. The notion that a sheep hunter or an aspiring one would support a company that supports domestic sheep grazing on public lands in bighorn sheep habitat is mind-boggling.

There are a lot of outdoor gear companies making one hell of a lot of money from sportsmen. We should be demanding that they advocate for the resource, but nope, not on the tough issues. Guess we deserve what we get. The notion that a sheep hunter or an aspiring one would support a company that supports domestic sheep grazing on public lands in bighorn sheep habitat is mind-boggling.

So what you are saying is................Dinkshooter would rather wear flip flops in the Absorkees than wear that brand? Why yes you are!

Schnees:
sells - HT's poster child clothing Sitka, THE pack of choice MR, those iconic home brand pacs, oh and yes - Helle's dirty wool.
It's a complicated world out there.
Can you honestly say, Oak, that your mind still maintains any capability to be "boggled".
You can read enough disparate testimony about different "interesting" topics on HT alone to sufficiently stop one's mind from boggling ever again............................................................................

Schnees:
sells - HT's poster child clothing Sitka, THE pack of choice MR, those iconic home brand pacs, oh and yes - Helle's dirty wool.
It's a complicated world out there.
Can you honestly say, Oak, that your mind still maintains any capability to be "boggled".
You can read enough disparate testimony about different "interesting" topics on HT alone to sufficiently stop one's mind from boggling ever again............................................................................
If I wasn’t incredulous I would have to accept defeat. Not there yet.

I had another Schnees experience. After my granites debacle, I had already owned a pair of the Teton mountaineering boots.
I broke them in and they felt good so I took them to the unlimiteds. They leaked as well, similiar to the granites. Disappointing.
What was NOT disappointing was that I took them into Schnees and this time spoke to the right manager.
With no questions, he took the boots and offered me either a new pair off the shelf or told me I could wait for a new model coming in December

I opted for the latter.
I will have a new pair that is supposed to be much improved in December, free of charge.
Although having wet feet sheep hunting sucked, I cannot complain about how Schnees handled it this time.

This new model of boot (I think it’s called the Mission Alp) is supposed to have a full waterproof booty instead of the liner ending at the rand, among other boot lingo improvements I probably don’t understand.

I had another Schnees experience. After my granites debacle, I had already owned a pair of the Teton mountaineering boots.
I broke them in and they felt good so I took them to the unlimiteds. They leaked as well, similiar to the granites. Disappointing.
What was NOT disappointing was that I took them into Schnees and this time spoke to the right manager.
With no questions, he took the boots and offered me either a new pair off the shelf or told me I could wait for a new model coming in December

I opted for the latter.
I will have a new pair that is supposed to be much improved in December, free of charge.
Although having wet feet sheep hunting sucked, I cannot complain about how Schnees handled it this time.

This new model of boot (I think it’s called the Mission Alp) is supposed to have a full waterproof booty instead of the liner ending at the rand, among other boot lingo improvements I probably don’t understand.

Mission Alp...assuming full synthetic, any idea if it will be stiffer than the current one, maybe more inline with at least the beartooth?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back