Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Saying goodbye sucks

Sorry for your loss. I lost my 13 yr old yellow lab a couple years ago. I think of him often and fondly. We also had another dog come along (stray husky) that brought some life into him and at least another good year or two.

So sorry to hear. A good dog is a blessing. Hopefully as time passes your thoughts will focus on the great times and the sense of loss will dim.

M
Our 13 year & 10 month old dog Gracie was a constant companion to my wife & I on most adventures. She wasn't a hunter, but was the best damned fishing dog/trail dog that you could have asked for. She saved us from a grizz on Monture creek once, she never complained when a fly stuck in her face because she sat right in your backcast, and she was smart enough to know that deer were for chasing, but moose were for hiding behind dad. WHen she was 11, she was fading and we knew that she'd be gone soon, but didn't think she'd last almost 3 more years. The new puppy we brought home at first irritated her to no end, then they became buddies and breathed new life into her. In her prime, she would be a ghost in the forest, running through blowdown like nobody's business, those long legs carrying her over the dead timber as she searched for squirrels & mice. Ultimately, spinal degeneration and a stroke last week took too much out of her and we made the worst call to the vet. She passed at home, quietly & peacefully and now there's a massive hole in our family.

This hurts. Not gonna lie. Dogspeed, big fish.

View attachment 128627

View attachment 128628

View attachment 128630

View attachment 128631

View attachment 128632

View attachment 128633

View attachment 128629
Nothing compares to the love of a good dog

Just sucks, But sounds like your companion lived a dang good life. I can't even imagine when the time will come for mine. Dang, getting misty in here.

Sorry for your loss.

So freekin‘ hard...I’m sorry for your loss. Good dogs are amazing. Loosing them is heartbreaking.

Very sorry for your loss. Looks like she lived a great life, full of exciting adventures. A life most other dogs would be envious of.

Loosing a good dog is about as tough as gets.

Sorry for your loss, dogs are the best and losing them is the worst

I second Buzz, their shorter lifespan is the only downside. Remember the good times.

My wife lost her dog in the fall. She had a painting commissioned, which seems to have been a great choice as she smiles every time she sees it.

Well done Gracie, you loved your family and loved very well.

My favorite picture of you, there was as much foam on your face as fur showing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back