Sausage cheese and crackers

I'm in Big Sky's camp. On my charter boat I get to try some great summer sausages from across the NW. Going back to when I was a just a kid following my dad around 50 years ago, he would always pack along a can of Vienna sausages and Ritz crackers. After a long hike we would take a break at a spot with a good view and he would break out the crackers and Viennes. Same thing out on a boat fishing, he still brings them along.

I like variety so much that you would be almost as likely to win the lottery as pick the exact combination that I would show up with. I haven't started making my own cheese and crackers, so that would be whatever sounds good at the store. I'm much more invested in the meat. Most likely I would bring jerky, but lately I've been making more sausage. My Christmas "baking" included moose jerky, venison jerky, beef jerky, venison summer sausage, beef summer sausage, lamb summer sausage, moose pepperoni, and moose teriyaki sausage - roughly 5lbs of each. I usually bag it in meal size portions, which works equally well whether I'm substituting for a meal or sharing a snack with a couple friends.

..you have my attention ! Sounds delicious.

Venison pastrami, antelope polish sausage, elk jerky, smoked Gouda and muenster. Crackers optional but not needed. A bottle of Glenlivet 18 year old single malt.

Salami, pepper cheese, Ritz crackers and probably a bottle of 18 yr old Weiser's Canadian whiskey. Maybe a jar of apple pie shine for dessert. ;)

To hell with the sausage... Put a nipple on that bottle of shine and I'll curl up on my cot in fetal position and be happy :D

Venison summer sausage, colby jack or pepper jack, and ritz crackers

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justin.webb
Back