Yeti GOBOX Collection

Salmon Economist Admits Distortions

Ithaca 37 said:
Jeez, ringer, I don't even have to see your posts to know you're getting your ass kicked again. :D

Haven't you figured out yet you're outclassed in any debate that requires brains? :D

Ithaca, aren't you just rooting for your home team, no matter who they're playing? :D :D :rolleyes:

My opinion is that before any breaching occurs it will go to the SC and they will hear it. Too much of an impact to too many people not to. If you three breachsketeers can stop name calling and begin understanding that it will take more than endless babble on a website to change public opinion you might be prepared to argue your case. Hose-B could handle it pro bono since he seems to have a lot of time on his hands.

ringer said:
I read that the last time you posted it. Problem you will have in the future is the appeal process that will now go up to a more conservative SC. Your local enviro judge will fall along with the 9th circuit more in the future. The needs of the majority need to be accomodated and that is what your side has ignored in past court cases. You need to alter your strategy to succeed.

ringer,
Could you please provide me the list of Supreme Court Decisions where the author of the decision cited the "needs of the majority.... to be accomodated"?

You were caught on BS on you public opinion and your court decisions, and you are once again caught full of bullshit on your Supreme Court bullshit.

Dude, give it up, you don't understand Salmon, the Law, or the will of the people.

Well, I would guess that the pressure during the Florida recount might have moved that one a little ahead of schedule. I understand that you are truly the people's representative and understand everything about the pressure on the legal system from public opinion so I will let you continue with your endless chirping and see how the residents in the northwest embrace you when their lights are turned off. They might shove Redden's Birkenstocks up his ass. He is interpreting the law which opens the issue to appeal.

:D:D:D... Snicker... Snicker... HAHAHA.... Snicker... Snicker...(Sorry, that just caught me funny)... :D:D:D

I'll just sit back again and watch the show... (until some joker adds my name to the thread again... ) ;)

ringer said:
Well, I would guess that the pressure during the Florida recount might have moved that one a little ahead of schedule. I understand that you are truly the people's representative and understand everything about the pressure on the legal system from public opinion so I will let you continue with your endless chirping and see how the residents in the northwest embrace you when their lights are turned off. They might shove Redden's Birkenstocks up his ass. He is interpreting the law which opens the issue to appeal.

To the group...
last time this argument came up, didn't some one post the electricty generation figures for these three dams? As I recall, their collective contribution equalled a small percentage of the total MwH consumed in the NW, something like 9% to 11%.

I happen to be in favor of restored runs. The Columbia Watershed is huge and the idea of salmon moving through places like Boise to spawn in elk country is exciting. That said, the real argument boils down to a side by side comparison (granted, both sides will contain estimates) of the economic impact to the region with and without dams.

"The Columbia Watershed is huge and the idea of salmon moving through places like Boise to spawn in elk country is exciting."

Eric, a lot more than 4 insignificant dams have to be knocked down for that to happen. And personally I wouldn't be for or against it. Just as long as the anti-dam team uses accurate information to make their case. And just as long as I don't have to hear the liberals whine about how cold, hungry, and poor they are, and how taxes on the "rich" need to be raised to help their sorry asses out after the dams are removed. Guarentee me that, and I think I could be in favor of it.

Erik,

I think the last time I saw the numbers, it was less than 5% of the BPA's power generation, and the BPA is just a percentage of the northwest power source. If WPPS-2 was ever ran at a reasonable efficiency rate, BPA could likely replace the power. Plus, all the subsidy going to the dams/barges could be used to subsidze the power if that was a preferred option.

When you have idiots like BigWhore saying "a lot more than 4 insignificant dams" without having a clue as to what he is talking about just adds to the mis-information by the anti-Hunters and anti-Fishers like BigWhore.

The Hells Canyon Complex, as part of its' licenses is required to provide for fish passage. Perhaps if we just enforced the regulations that were originally set in place, we wouldn't have to listen to whiners like BigWhore. And if you look at the most recent polls of voters by BSU's public policy institute, more people support breaching than oppose breaching. The tide is definitely swinging toward hunters and fishermen and away from the Antis- like BigWhore.

Hey ringer,
How you coming on getting them Court Decisions to support your wild-assed claims? You making any progress on that, or are you still licking you wounds?

I would believe that more than 5% is gained by the dams being there...

I'm another that isn't for or against them.

It will go one way or the other, no matter what we do here...

I would ask the question, would the law makers drop the taxes on people who pay for water front property right now when property prices plummet?

I'm thinking they will come up with some excuse of why it isn't feasible...

How about the money spent on recreation?

I suppose some of the money would stay in the area because people are creatures of habit, but those with actual money (those same home owners that like to own expensive lake front property) would find other water front property to park their boats and hold expensive land.

If we were to enforce (original) regulations on any situation, the hills would be logged flat and there would be mine claims every where seeing as there were no regulations...

Things change...

We need to change with them and be progressive in our thoughts.

Those who become so entrenched in their ideals and lose sight of the bigger picture get pushed off along the way...

Just look around, these angry individuals are every where...

Even this board… ;)

But, this topic as it seems usual with most has deviated from lying scientists and the repercussions this may have to those who are honest in their findings...

After listening to Jose blow it out his ass, it's easy to see why Eric is misinformed and confused by this topic. Jose, you'ld make a fine politician.....D. C. is going to need some more scum bags like you after the soon to come house cleaning that will take place there. You should really consider giving it a shot as you've proven here on Hunt Talk to be a highly qualified weasel!

But, this topic as it seems usual with most has deviated from lying scientists and the repercussions this may have to those who are honest in their findings...

chsr,
Which scientist is lying in this whole debate? I can't find any scientists that were lying. There is the debate over the economic benefit/impact/potential impact.

Nemont

Nemont...

Distortions = lies.. :)

Simple enough...

Whats wrong with a straight up and honest report on the findings?

economic benefit/impact/potential impact

You're right, but it all comes into play

I see so many times that both sides will over cook their numbers to make their case look far better than it really is.

This is the problem with this whole system, no one any more seems to be able to just state it as they find it.

If I told you I had 400 aunts and uncles, that would be a flat out lie, even though it is true I have aunts and uncles.

This seems to be what is continually going on with those that are paid by the tax dollar base.

If some one is going to use the peoples money to gather statistics to better manage some project at hand for the people, then it just makes sense that the people get exactly what they pay for.

When business pulls these stunts, people lose jobs or possibly go to jail, when some one is working off the peoples money, this seems to be the norm, more then the exception and it's buried in red ink, or just ignored.

Nemont,

So what's your take on this topic? You're one of the knowledgeable few here with half way rational thinking. I'm interested in your opinion.

If you want data, ask Sen. Craig (R-Idaho) why he cut funding to the Fish Passage Center, who's only job was to count the fish.

He didn't like the data, so he cut the pennies they were funded with.

BigWhore,
Do you have any comments on the subject, or are you just making personal attacks?

BigWhore,
Do you have any comments on the subject, or are you just making personal attacks

Jose? look at this post? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back