Sabatical - Temporary freedom

Elk liver here. But, I only eat it fresh, so it's a once a year deal. Doesn't lend itself well to freezing. I cook it myself with tons of butter, salt and pepper and smothered in onion. I also give my neighbor enough for a good meal. He looks forward to it so the pressure is on every year. mtmuley

Elk liver here. But, I only eat it fresh, so it's a once a year deal. Doesn't lend itself well to freezing. I cook it myself with tons of butter, salt and pepper and smothered in onion. I also give my neighbor enough for a good meal. He looks forward to it so the pressure is on every year. mtmuley

I do mine with bacon and onion and then make a gravy out of the bacon grease and serve it with mashed potatoes and corn. My ex didn't like it, so more for me. Now that I'm single it's liver like crazy. :cool: And heart tacos and fajitas that don't get used at camp. ;)

I do mine with bacon and onion and then make a gravy out of the bacon grease and serve it with mashed potatoes and corn. My ex didn't like it, so more for me. Now that I'm single it's liver like crazy. :cool: And heart tacos and fajitas that don't get used at camp. ;)
The bacon angle. Oh yeah. mtmuley

Love some heart on an open flame, marinated and made into simply street tacos... warmed torts on a skillet top in the coals...drooling now thanks Cush may have to run to the cart across the street for some carnitas tacos now (close as I can get while on the road lol)

You haven't lived. Save some next time. No "liver" flavor to it. Ask teej89. mtmuley

Was just trying to be funny. I’ve had it and like it. Agree that it needs to be fresh. And lots of butter, salt, pepper and onions (and bacon!) makes just about anything better!

Caramelized carrots in a cast iron skillet with butter, and onions is world class.

Also roasted on a cookie sheet till browned.

Also - Carrots Lyonnaise (I'm lazy, just google it.)

I'm still trying to acquire the taste of liver. The best so far, which is barely palatable was frying up a half a pound of bacon, then add 1 cup chopped dates and 1 cup onion, and a couple of small pieces of liver... I wish cheap beer would have been this hard to enjoy drinking and college might have went a little smoother.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back