Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Ryan Zinke New Focus for BLM....

JoseCuervo

Don't worry about Zinke they said.

You just have to adjust your expectations that there could be worse advocates for hunting that could run the Dept of Interior they said....

Zinke BLM.jpg

Yeah, if you know the history of the BLM, it used to be Bureau of Livestock and Mining.

Looks like we are back to those days, at the expense of hunters and "families with backpacks".

Yay YourTeam!!!

Not my team....I just figured it was another pointless thread from you.

Just like sometimes we as hunters and backpackers get our way at the expense of miners and ranchers... There's two sides to every coin. Not saying either side is right, but it's an unfortunate reality that when one side has its good days, the other has its bad. It'd be great to get a table together of reasonable hunters, ranchers, miners, environmentalists, biologists, etc. to try to find common ground. Unfortunately that will never probably happen because if someone doesn't think the way we do, they're the enemy. Bummer.

And if you read that Huffpost article (who the hell reads Huffpost...), the photo is one of many moving forward. So it will represent our voice too. Darn that Zinke and his land-loving hunters, looks like we're back to those days, at the expense of ranchers and miners...

"And if you read that Huffpost article (who the hell reads Huffpost...),

Apparently Harley does :hump:

Just like sometimes we as hunters and backpackers get our way at the expense of miners and ranchers... There's two sides to every coin. Not saying either side is right, but it's an unfortunate reality that when one side has its good days, the other has its bad. It'd be great to get a table together of reasonable hunters, ranchers, miners, environmentalists, biologists, etc. to try to find common ground. Unfortunately that will never probably happen because if someone doesn't think the way we do, they're the enemy. Bummer.

And if you read that Huffpost article (who the hell reads Huffpost...), the photo is one of many moving forward. So it will represent our voice too. Darn that Zinke and his land-loving hunters, looks like we're back to those days, at the expense of ranchers and miners...

Would be interesting to know how many jobs coal mining on BLM lands creates.

vs. recreation on BLM lands.

Everybody start dumping your points and go hunting this year.By next year all the BLM land will be coal mines and oil and gas rigs,lmao_Or,when we are done with Syria,I hear we are going to start dropping bombs for practice on all BLM lands.I heard that on CNN I think

Everybody start dumping your points and go hunting this year.By next year all the BLM land will be coal mines and oil and gas rigs,lmao_Or,when we are done with Syria,I hear we are going to start dropping bombs for practice on all BLM lands.I heard that on CNN I think

Laugh all you want, but we long ago fought the US Air Force's attempt to turn some amazing wild sheep habitat into a bombing range.

We now have it declared as Wilderness area, and it will be pristine for your grandchildren to come visit, whenever they want.

In fact, I am headed there this afternoon for a couple of days, to enjoy it without the worry of the Air Force raining down bombs on my tent.

But, continue on with your ignorance.

Yay team!

The efficacy of tapa-activism.

Possibly, though the HuffPo article stated...

BLM spokeswoman Kristen Lenhardt told HuffPost in an email that the photo was one of many that will appear on the site going forward. On Friday, a new photo will appear, representing recreation on public lands.

“As part of the BLM’s transition to a new website design, we will be regularly rotating the banner with photos that reflect the many uses our public lands have to offer,” she said.

Would be interesting to know how many jobs coal mining on BLM lands creates.

vs. recreation on BLM lands.

We could also compare the amount of jobs/revenue created by wildlife watchers/hikers/non-consumptive users vs hunters, and just kick hunters off since they don't contribute nearly as much. It will happen at some point in the future.

Personally I think they should just make it all one big ass park, lock everyone out and preserve it for the end of time. That way everyone is screwed equally. ;)

Back