Yeti GOBOX Collection

Rut Hunt for Mule Deer

rk_az

My daughter drew a late Dec. rifle mule deer tag in AZ unit 23. I may be more excited for her than she is. This is the first year that I can recall where AZ has offered these late rifle tags for mule deer. They always have the late Dec. whitetail tags.

There were only 20 of these tags for this hunt. There are also 85 of the late whitetail tags at the same time in unit 23, but I don't think there is an archery hunt going on. So hunting pressure will be pretty light.

I have not spent much time in this unit, so I can't wait to start scouting!

Good luck to you & your daughter. That is an awesome tag, unit 23 is very beautiful country with some nice deer running around. You might want to check on a fire that burned thru the south side of the unit. G&F anounced some access issues to some area's.

I've spent a lot of time in 23. If you want, shoot me a PM and I'll give you a few spots to take your daughter.

RK, congrats to you and your daughter. Unit 23 is a great area and Stan (AZ402) is a good man to listen to. He has some good ideas. (Between you and me, some are not so good but you'll recognize those.) Hey Stan.. just kiddin'..

Thanks gentlemen! I'm planning to head up there tomorrow after work, and spend Saturday scouting. I'll try to get a few pics.

AZ402, PM sent.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back