Caribou Gear Tarp

Ruh Roh you’re in my fishing hole

MtnElk

As someone who’s been fishing his whole life… and has his share of secret spots, this is going to not go over well 😂 if you think hunters guard their honey holes, fisherman are downright nuts when it comes to that.

IMG_6455.png
IMG_6456.jpeg

Ok I’m not a fisherman by any means, in all honesty what makes this so much worse than onx hunt?
Hunting is for a very limited amount of time each year, with a limited amount of people. In many places, everyone can fish every day of the year, so the opportunity to truly and irrevocably #*^@#* up little spots here and there is high. Pressure.

How is this any different than the hummingbird ap I already use other than I already bought that ap. I’ve been using onX to fish for years found my best fishing hole using it. 15.6# walleye for reference

Attachments

• IMG_2145.png
    IMG_2145.png
    3 MB · Views: 26
Hunting is for a very limited amount of time each year, with a limited amount of people. In many places, everyone can fish every day of the year, so the opportunity to truly and irrevocably #*^@#* up little spots here and there is high. Pressure.
This is all assuming that onx employees can access your waypoints and steal your spot?

How is this any different than the hummingbird ap I already use other than I already bought that ap. I’ve been using onX to fish for years found my best fishing hole using it. 15.6# walleye for reference
Same. I think Onx is late to the party on this one. Apps like Navionics even share waypoints publicly across the platform to all users.

They needed something to spend all of our cash on. A new app!

That’s a big walleye!

Iowa dnr provides essentially very similar information. Not new and hasn't "devastated" anything. If Gaia linked that data to the app to eliminate a step or 7, rock on.

They do, do, public waypoints which are as beneficial and "live time" that I don't mind popping off as well, like Google maps and speed traps.

This is all assuming that onx employees can access your waypoints and steal your spot?
Unrelated, but that is exactly what Co-Construct did/does, buildertrend after the buyout, with their user data to provided analytics. they scanned Invoices, prices, estimates...whole shebang...like Facebook saying "most our users PMs discuss infedilty, prostitution, and in one case an orgy as his wife was giving birth"

It's everywhere, not isolated. I could show you investor relations papers explicitly detailing how the users $100/$300/$1500 SaaS is 1/10 the actual business model revenue, irrelevant to what the product and market is that's being sold.

I know I am a fossil, but why do people feel a need to mark their honey hole, fishing or hunting, on some kind of app or even as a pin prick on a map? I can still remember exactly where all my past and present honey holes are or were even if they aren't honey holes anymore. Don't need GPS to find my way back.

Back