Rotator cuff surgery

Had my PT Wed morn. Been following and progressing, was scheduled out a couple of weeks, but both I and the therapist came to the agreement. My therapy is just progressing in weight from here on in. My new morning routine has been up at 3-330, coffee(1st), workout, go to work,workout....
So done with visits, therapy at home.

well this isnt good timing but i blew out my rh shoulder in early june,,got a shot ,had a mri and it showed 2 1/2 tendons ripped completly,,just had full ortho surgury on july 3rd,,it turned out it was 3 full tendons blown,,i think im thru the worst of the pain,but gotta keep it slinged thru july and part of august before i can even start p t..///looks like i got too lucky on tags this year and will need to turn back my nevada antelope tag, as i have no chance of being in shape by september,,turning back my only nevada antelope tag in 14 years is a tough one to swallow,,,but besides that,i drew 2 wyoming elk tags,and a antelope tag there too,,hopefully i can maybe make those in late october as wyoming wont return my points,but will have to be very careful,,,also gotta learn to now shoot left handed as shoulder cannot take any shooting jolts.anyone else in this predicament?/any sugestions

well this isnt good timing but i blew out my rh shoulder in early june,,got a shot ,had a mri and it showed 2 1/2 tendons ripped completly,,just had full ortho surgury on july 3rd,,it turned out it was 3 full tendons blown,,i think im thru the worst of the pain,but gotta keep it slinged thru july and part of august before i can even start p t..///looks like i got too lucky on tags this year and will need to turn back my nevada antelope tag, as i have no chance of being in shape by september,,turning back my only nevada antelope tag in 14 years is a tough one to swallow,,,but besides that,i drew 2 wyoming elk tags,and a antelope tag there too,,hopefully i can maybe make those in late october as wyoming wont return my points,but will have to be very careful,,,also gotta learn to now shoot left handed as shoulder cannot take any shooting jolts.anyone else in this predicament?/any sugestions
Start doing EVERYTHING left handed. You'll be surprised the short length of time that it'll take to become ambidextrous. I'm predominantly left handed. I had to switch shoulders a couple times. I now shoot either right or left handed equally but left is still my "go to" shoulder.

Sorry to hear abput the shoulder, but 4 tags? How do you even get 2 elk tags? I take it you are a resident Wyote.

applying in several states, after 14 years,drew nevada antelope and Wyoming tags,stuck out in several other states,, just with injury now,it puts my whole hunting season this year as very marginal, don't want to blow shoulder out again by pushing it

I had surgery on March 20 : 3 tendons ripped out requiring new anchors, torn bicep, SLAP tear, and a bone impingement. Luckily (????) it is my left shoulder. Following PT plan exactly. Still unable to support a rifle for an off hand shot, although I’m making better gains each week now. I’m 65, so a younger person may heal a bit faster. Not my first major injury/surgery and i have worked out my entire life. This shoulder healing process is ridiculously slow. The surgeon, who has performed two other surgeries on me, said healing is 10% per month at best.

I had surgery on March 20 : 3 tendons ripped out requiring new anchors, torn bicep, SLAP tear, and a bone impingement. Luckily (????) it is my left shoulder. Following PT plan exactly. Still unable to support a rifle for an off hand shot, although I’m making better gains each week now. I’m 65, so a younger person may heal a bit faster. Not my first major injury/surgery and i have worked out my entire life. This shoulder healing process is ridiculously slow. The surgeon, who has performed two other surgeries on me, said healing is 10% per month at best.
Ditto, had that surgery early December. Never was big on PT but this one changed that. Followed and will probably do the exercises as my morning routine. Surgeon figured by end of September Id be pretty well healed. My left, shoot RT. Not sure if I could shoot on the left yet.

I had upper biceps tendon torn completely and lower tendon partially torn. They had to replant the upper tendon. That was in 2014 and yeah older you get the longer these type of injuries take to heal. I still have limited range of motion but I can do offhand shots now that I could not do for several years and I am 67.

This is the third surgery on my shoulders. I first tore my rotator cuff in 2014 and again in 2016, then 2018 I tore my biceps tendons. My old job, I did a lot of lifting of boxes and I think I did it wrong to cause the injury. I also got a settlement from the state of $8000 because I got rated as partially disabled due to the injury. But anyways, I feel the effects of all three shoulder surgeries even now. I don't think you ever really fully recover from those.

Need at least a scrape on my right one but still recovering from harley-trauma to the left brachial plexus/axillary nerve...so it's a no go. Ice and TENS therapy nightly helps.

Last edited:
at upper 50,s this is my first shoulder surgery,( hopefully my last) already improving everyday, but this is gonna take several months yet of p t to get healed up to get back to my heavy truck mechanic job

I checked my records today and my rt shoulder was operated on in August 2015. One torn tendon, one torn completely off the shoulder, bone impingement cleared and arthritis cleaned out of the socket. I had zero problems and 100% recovery. I turned 71 in April. I still go from twisting bolts, to welding and running heavy equipment.

i hàd 3 upper tendons completly tore off the bone,, now they are held in place with little screws until they naturally get grown back on, gonna be a while, and will be hard to not overdo it too soon, but doing good so far

They drilled my bones and tied them in place. It's a wonderful thing that they figured out how to repair abused bodies. My surgeon said that my body wasn't designed for what I'm using it for!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back