Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Roe Buck find

WildWill

After our hike this morning my wife and I went into the town of Medicine Park in SW Oklahoma for lunch. After eating we browsed a few shops one in particular caught my eye with a large table of racks, sheds, skulls, and old traps. Found this in the pile and couldn't live without it and at $35 think I did pretty good. Have a lot of different racks in my collection at home and the shop but this is the first roe. Dont know a lot about them but think it's a good specimen. Would love to know the story behind how it got here guy didn't know much. He also had a amazing buffalo skull with a bullet hole through the skull that supposedly came from one of the local tribes around here annual hunt. Would have been a great addition to the collection but he just was to high and wouldn't come down.20220507_144118.jpg20220507_144113.jpg

Here's the SCI measurement form. I think that one will do well. I usually use dental floss to measure them. Mark it at end with pen then hold it to tape measure. Have fun. You can download SCI Measurer's Manual for detailed instructions. Let us know how it rates.

Attachments

• 21T-SCI-Axis-Hog-Sambar-Rusa-Sika-Roe-Deer-Method-Form-2021.pdf
    524.8 KB · Views: 1
After our hike this morning my wife and I went into the town of Medicine Park in SW Oklahoma for lunch. After eating we browsed a few shops one in particular caught my eye with a large table of racks, sheds, skulls, and old traps. Found this in the pile and couldn't live without it and at $35 think I did pretty good. Have a lot of different racks in my collection at home and the shop but this is the first roe. Dont know a lot about them but think it's a good specimen. Would love to know the story behind how it got here guy didn't know much. He also had a amazing buffalo skull with a bullet hole through the skull that supposedly came from one of the local tribes around here annual hunt. Would have been a great addition to the collection but he just was to high and wouldn't come down.View attachment 221865View attachment 221869
Pretty cool! Reminds me of a trip I took to Germany

I think that's a real traditional way to mount roebuck too, with the bare skull cap on a wood plaque. I've seen a few in antique stores but probably never one that tall. That ones pretty gnarly.

I'm guessing with Fort Sill being so close probably a service man/woman brought it home from Germany as a souvenir. Hell maybe their own personal trophy at least it's nice to think.

Back