PEAX Equipment

Rocky Mountain National Park

Rooster52

Plan on going to RMNP on my way to my muzzleloader hunt next fall. Have not been there in years.Going to take lots of pictures,may not ever get back to the area.

Anyone ever fish in the park ?

Rode the bike thru there a few years ago. Stunning vistas. Stayed near Lake Granby. Wanna go back and check out the fishing for sure.

Yes - live down the hill. PM me sir and can assist.
Most are flies and lures only - no stink bait.
Fall is a great time there in the park, have a great trip!

One of the owners of the Black Forest took our orders...he was easily an octogenarian...there were 6 of us and he wrote nothing down with nary a mistake per each of us. Guy was a hoot. Neat town. I recall not seeing a single parking spot in Estes Park. A bicycle rally had snail grinders strewn for countless miles.

I-70 was NASCAR.

...sorry for the hijack Rooster. Good memories.

The Big Thompson River flows through Moraine Park right near the NE entrance of the park (just outside of Estes Park) and can be very good fishing especially in the fall. You'll be there during what people have called "elk wars" and I think there is some sort of closure on that area during that time but it may only be from dusk till dawn. There are also numerous alpine lakes to hike to that are beautiful and hold some nice cutties.

The west side of the park is best (less people!). In the fall it is a great place to watch elk in the Kauwaneeche Valley, there are some big moose there too.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back