Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Roadside Assistance

noharleyyet

A gorgeous New Mexico Thursday morning around 10:30...traveling North on NM Hwy 84, 6 miles south of I-25.
Felt a thump and left rear tire pressure screened zero. Shouldered safely & took a look at a ruined tire with a sidewall gash.
My wife's vehicle is a 4 month old German SUV with a spacesaver inflatable spare....not quite a donut but far from a performance tire. We have factory wheel and tire coverage and supposedly 24/7 assistance. I managed to get a rep on the line with a thick German accent who kept insisting I was in Oregon...so I hang up, get out the owner's manual, inflate the spare with the actually pretty cool provided mini plug in compressor, it's raining like hell, & I'm soaked...but got it changed.
The spare qualifications are 50 mph max & 50 mile distance. We drive the remaining 70 miles to Santa Fe at 45 mph to the dealership, who I can't get a service advisor to pick up or call back...yes I'm stressed. Fortunately upon arrival they had the tire in stock, got right on it, wrenched us whole again, and deflated/stored the spare/tools...even washed the vehicle, in about an hour.
Have to add; while we were on the shoulder at least a half dozen courteous people stopped to offer help, I let the last fellow help me get the surprisingly heavy spare situated for bolt install. We were lucky whatever I ran over didn't ruin the front and rear tire,

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back